Happy Boxing Day!

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Passing of Mr. Domingo Perez
Mayor Daniel Guerrero, the San Pedro Town Council would like to extend its sincere condolences to the Perez friends and family on the sadly passing of Mr. Domingo Perez. Mr. Domingo Perez was a former councilor of the San Pedro Town Council and helped in the development of the town. We hope his family and friends find the strength in each other to overcome this great loss. May his soul rest in peace.

Honourable Manuel Heredia Jr gives monetary assistance
The continuous christmas cheer has been a blessing for the civilians of Caye Caulker as Honourable Manuel Heredia Jr sent a hundred envelopes with monetary assistance to help make Christmas a little more pleasant for the people. The envelopes were distributed by the UDP Committee of Caye Caulker and members of the village council. Civilians were greatful to have received such gift. The Minister wishes a happy holidays to the people of Caye Caulker, and he hopes for a new year of prosperity and good fortune.

Free-tailed Bats
These guys are Free-tailed Bats – Molossidae they are insect eaters. We need more of them to combat dengue. They also eat moths, beetles, dragonflies, flies, true bugs, wasps, and ants. Very high-speed bats.

Scrooge at Wildfire
Scrooge will be performed at the Wildfire Artzmosphere for the season. Thursday and Friday, December 26th and 27th, and the first Friday and Saturday in the new year, January 3rd and 4th. You can get your advanced tickets at Back to My Roots.

R.I.P. warrior Domingo Perez
You will be alive in the memory of us Maya Máasewal of Belize. Nojoch Mak Domingo Perez was a Yucatec Maya(Máasewal) of Belize . For years he took a wreath on September 1 to the battle of Orange walk monument for the Maya hero Marcos Canul and the Maya who fought . Nojoch Mak Perez started the celebration of Marcos Canul . He was a Belizean activists who deserves recognition and respect . He was also the leader of the general workers union during the black friday Riots againts tate and lyle . Viva Marcos Canul !!! Viva Domingo Perez !!!

The Reporter

Man Critical Following Gunshot Injury To Mouth
Daniel Bennett, who was shot earlier today on Vernon Street, is in a critical but stable condition following surgery.

Belize Nurses Excel in Regional RN Exams
The Belize healthcare community has gained 30 Registered Nurses, who successfully passed the Caribbean Regional Nurse Registration Examination (RENR) in October this year.

2nd. Person Charged For Murder Of Jose Hilario Diaz
In July of 2019, the owner of a small business shop was senselessly murdered and at the time police had little or no clue of the motives of the crime. After investigating they have so far arrested and charged 2 men for the crime.

LOVE FM

UPDATE ON TODAY'S SHOOTING
Sometime around midday today, 23-year-old Daniel Bennett made his way to the Vernon Street police checkpoint, where officers saw him bleeding. Bennett told them he had been socializing on Ebony Street when he was shot to the left side of his mouth. He was rushed to the KHMH where he remains in a critical but stable condition.

FIRE IN OW
There is a reported fire on Santa Familia Road in Orange Walk Town. There are no reports of injuries.

ROAD TRAFFIC INCIDENT
The victim of yesterday's fatal road traffic incident was identified as Ricardo Oh. Oh was reportedly knocked off his bicycle around 6pm near mile 25 on the Hummingbird Highway.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Man shot on Christmas Day
A man was shot in Belize City’s southside earlier today. He has been identified as […]

Mesopotamia Children’s Holiday Festival brings toys, music stars, and family fun
The Mesopotamia Children’s Holiday Festival brought out a galaxy of Music stars like Supa G, Ernestine, Cocunu Bwai, […]

The Queen: ‘Small steps can make a difference’
In her annual Christmas message to the Kingdom and Commonwealth, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II said […]

Leroy Haulze remanded for Christmas in vendor’s murder
Leroy Haulze, 23, a food vendor of Gaulin Street, Ladyville, Belize District, was charged with the […]

Belize awaits UNCAC recommendations; A.G. counsels patience
The states of Tuvalu and Haiti continue to assess Belize’s governance structure to address compliance with […]

Councilor Micah Goodin hosts successful football marathon
Belize City Councilor, Micah Goodin, held the Micah Goodin Christmas Cup over the weekend. After a […]

Merry Christmas: light bill stable for New Year
At this time last year, the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) approved a rate hike of […]

Blogs

Old Belize Museum
Coming to Belize is always a fruitful experience; seeing and learning about different cultures, the food, meeting locals, experiencing all that is this beautiful country. But have you ever wondered what Belize was like in the past? Well, there’s no need to wonder because the Old Belize Museum gives you a firsthand look at what Belize used to be. Old Belize not only serves as a museum, but it also has a restaurant, gift shop, beach, and serves as a port where catamarans and boats are docked. Upon entering you will first notice the numerous amounts of catamarans and boats docked near the pier. When walking down the pier you will see rustic, historical souvenirs of the “Old Belize” – from gasoline lanterns to gasoline irons (because electrical irons weren’t invented as yet).

A Seafood Lover’s Dream
One of the most popular attractions of visiting Belize is having the opportunity to indulge in a variety of seafood options. It is no surprise that the Jewel is highly known for its many authentic seafood cuisines as the country is close to 200 miles of shoreline on the mainland and its offshore islands. Whether it be fish, conch (when in season), lobster (when in season), shrimp, or crab, there is no doubt that your meal will be fresh! Seafood is a diet staple in Belize. There’s just something about the taste of eating the freshest catch of the day – the undeniable flavor of the sea, that indescribable taste of heaven in every spoonful, the succulence and flavor of the meat – that just can’t be beaten!

International Sourcesizz

Wine Me Dine Me: Experience the ultimate chocolate adventure in Belize
Last year I told you all about a wonderful trip to Belize organized by Enna Grazier of Enna Chocolate in Epping, New Hampshire, in which you would have the opportunity to explore the fascinating world of cacao farming, processing and chocolate making as well as experience all sorts of cultural and jungle adventures. I went on that Cacao Origins Adventure trip myself last February and it was one of the best vacations I’ve ever been on – and I’ve been to some very interesting places in the world!

Videos

• The Queen's Christmas Broadcast 2019, 8min.

• Going back to Belize after 3 years, 40min.

• Snorkeling at the Hol Chan Reserve - Belize, 1min. December 23rd, 2019 - Caye Caulker, Belize With Caveman Snorkeling Tours.

• Following schools of fish at the Coral Gardens - Belize, 2min.

• Snorkeling around a Sunken Barge - Belize, .5min.

• Caye Caulker - Belize - Nad Arisum Manida - Senior BKSA Kite Instructor, 2.5min. Marry Christmas to all kiters! Wanna be, beginners, advanced, pro's and crazy ones. So blessed to be here on this little Caribbean Island, turning my passion into teaching and riding surrounded by super friendly Mantharays with such a rich wildlife.

• Belize, Beat of 2019, 5min. Just a few of the many highlights from our adventures this year in Belize.

• Belize Trip, 4min. GoPro around Belize

• Experiencing Belize 2019, 12.5min. A Travel log of all that went happened within my time in Belize! A great and wonderful trip Beware for the Chicken Killing. Skip to 7:07 to avoid it!

• Good Morning Miss Lady, 5min. An old time Belizean favourite at Christmas . I was looking for the song for years on you tube but could not find it so i collaborated with Kent Pandy (kekekeke) to do the video so that all Belizeans can enjoy during the Christmas season.