Print Thread
Launch of 20th Edition of Destination Belize Magazine #539973
01/09/20 06:13 AM
01/09/20 06:13 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

BTIA, Destination Green

Sustainability seems to be on-trend, so says the BTIA as they launched the theme for the 20th Edition of Destination Belize Magazine today: "Reef to Rainforest, People to People, Our Green Belize."

And, Executive Director John Burgos today told us that his team focused on highlighting the ways in which Belize, as a destination appeals to the core values of the conscious traveller:

John Burgos, Executive Director, BTIA
"Well as you know once you are publishing a material for people to be able to understand what you are trying to portray, its essential for you to be able to know what the core values are and what is the core product and services you want to highlight, so the challenge has remain that as the number one proirity for my team to be ab;e to produce that quality. Now so at the 20th edition we saw that we were able to accomplish that based on the theme that we chose and the team is basically what highlights what the editorial content - it leads what everything is going to be, what the cover is going to be. Today we only launched the theme, so October we are going to launch the covers of the magazine and we are going to launch the actual magazine with all the content. You look around us we have a lot of marine reserves, we are a lot of forest reserve, we have a lot of world heritage sites that has been removed from the endangered list. We have a moratorium on our offshore exploration, we have an initiative to banning gillnets. There is a lot of success stories. We have a world renowned jaguar corridor reserve. These are the things that we need to showcase a little bit more. If you look at the global trends, do we have a more conscious travelers? More travelers that are aware of the issues that are affecting our planet, our environment, our waters, our forests, deforestation, fires - you look at the news and see all the negative things that are happening, the real things that are happening. The majority of the travellers are understanding and cognizant of those facts so they are trying to look at where do I go where I am not going to have that impact, where is the new destination and also it goes with people want to get to know people - how warm our people are, how unique our cultures are - the creole, Garifuna, Mestizo, Maya, East Indian, Mennonite - as much as we have been promoting over the last 30 years, people still don't know and we could never highlight that enough. We want to be able to capture that essence so that the travelers are going to be able to say you know what Belize is where I want to go."

The Official Magazine and Cover launches for the 21st edition of Destination Belize will take place in October.

Channel 7

B.T.I.A. Launches Theme for 21st Edition of Destination Belize

Destination Belize, the go-to magazine for potential visitors to Belize, will be launched later this year.  But today, the Belize Tourism Industry Association released a theme that intends to attract visitors to experience the unique attributes of the country, from the friendliness of the people to keeping the environment safe.  Here is News Five’s Duane Moody.   

Duane Moody, Reporting

“Reef to Rainforest, People to People: Our Green Belize” – was the theme selected, and shared during a launched today, for the twenty-first edition of Destination Belize. The magazine highlights all things Belize – from historical aspects to culture and the environment within the length and breadth of the country. Executive Director of the B.T.I.A., John Burgos says that the new edition will feature conservation efforts and a sustainable tourism destination.

John Burgos, Executive Director, B.T.I.A.

“As you know the B.T.I.A. promotes the sustainable development of the tourism industry since its inception in 1985, so basically we are going to be trying to capture what has been done from the inception of the B.T.I.A. and the inception of the tourism industry. You look around us, you have a lot marine reserves, we have a lot of forest reserves, we have a world heritage site that has been removed from the in danger list; we have a moratorium on offshore oil exploration, we have an initiative to banning gillnets. There are a lot of success stories. We have a world renowned jaguar corridor reserve. These are the things that we need to showcase a little bit more. I think we don’t give ourselves enough credit and we don’t show that to the world.”

The publication, which is available in print locally in Belize and is distributed by the Belize Tourism Board internationally, is also available online in English and Spanish. A team of Belizean and international writers as well as a creative director has joined the process for a second year and will be tasked with putting together the material that will be showcased in the upcoming magazine. The new edition will be officially launched in early October.

Gale Malic-Ozaeta, Project Manager, Destination Belize

“For decades, the management had always been outsourced. Since the twentieth edition launched October 2018, B.T.I.A. has been managing the publication in house and so we are very proud of the twenty-first edition because for us this is our second publication. The theme for the upcoming edition will celebrate Belize as a green destination. A destination passionate about its environment, its communities and its visitors, making a positive impact on their trips through stories and vibrant images. This edition will focus on Belize’s incredible offerings as a sustainable tourism escape. Beyond conserving our heritage and culture, we are passionate about nurturing and safekeeping our natural habitats and maintaining our communities and their way of life.”

While looking at global tourism trends that travellers and tourists seek when planning their vacations, Burgos says that the snapshots and stories within the publication will appeal to the expectations of Belizeans and international visitors.

John Burgos

“We have a more conscious travellers. Travellers that are aware of the issues affecting our planet, our environment, our waters, deforestation, fires. I mean you look at the news, you see all the negatives; the real things that are happening. So the majority of the travellers are understanding and cognizant of those facts so they are trying to look at where do I go where I am not going to have that impact; where is the new destination? And also it goes into the experience; people wanna get to know the people. People don’t understand how warm our people are, how unique our cultures are.”

The twentieth edition of Destination Belize is available at the B.T.I.A. and entry points at B.T.B. kiosks as well as online. Duane Moody for News Five.

Channel 5

Re: Launch of 20th Edition of Destination Belize Magazine [Re: Marty] #540002
01/11/20 05:34 AM
01/11/20 05:34 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

The Belize Tourism Industry Association - 21st Edition Destination Belize

The Belize Tourism Industry Association is launching the theme for the 21st Edition Destination Belize. We talked with their representatives about the features of this year's book and how the publication markets the country both locally and internationally. This year they will print 50,000 copies and will also have a Spanish version available online. On our couch:
John Burgos - Executive Director, Belize Tourism Industry Association
Gale Malic-Ozaeta - Project Manager, Destination Belize

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 421 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,574
Posts478,985
Members19,597
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.