FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Mind Reader
“Swimming naked is a pretty foolish idea,” Sherry said when I told her my story. “I didn’t plan to do anything embarrassing when I left home this morning,” I said. “Nostalgia and the sunny weather made me look for that old swimming spot up north.” I had parked the golf cart by the road and walked the trail to the beach. This isolated area of shore is protected by a sandy point that kept the seaweed away, leaving a beautiful swimming area...

Doctor Love: Smart Mom
Dear Doctor Love, I feel really bad to say this, but I have not liked any of my son’s female friends. They all seem so foolish and I think my son only wants to date them because they have nice figures. My son is a smart, handsome boy and can do better with a smart girl instead of a pretty girl with no brains. How do I teach him that he has to look for better a girlfriend? /s/Smart Mom

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

The Placencia Breeze January 2020

Kenrick Longsworth arrested
Update: commissioner of police says the person wanted in connection with the death of the toddler has been captured and is in police custody. He was found in Rural Belize District and is now on his way to Belize City.

Belize City Council Pledges Support for Child Victims
The Council Assists Child Victims Sunday, January 12, 2020, Mayor Bernard Wagner and The Belize City Council is saddened at the recent acts of violence and abuse inflicted on three of our city's minors this past Friday. We share our residents' condemnation of such acts of violence and extend our sincerest condolences to the affected families and individuals of this incident. We applaud the quick response by our law enforcement in capturing the offender. In addition, being mindful of the unanticipated expenses that the grieving family will now be required to defray, Mayor Wagner and the council hereby pledges $5000.00 to the victims to ensure that the surviving children receive all the necessary treatment and support for an effective recovery.

Corozal Animal Program
Here are some statistics from our Corozal Animal Program on the Spay and Neuter Clinic of our furry friends, that took place in San Joaquin on January 9th and 10th. We continue to ask for your generous support of this wonderful organization and program. Thank you CAP, Sue Paelotti and Marie Simard, her FAVI volunteers and other countless volunteers. God Bless you all.

Reminder | Belize Water Sports Standards Consultations ends January 17, 2020
For more detailed information, read more here: https://conta.cc/35z15ES If you would like to submit your comments, download your forms here: http://bit.ly/35SbPyp

Movie Night in Benque Tonight
clock Monday, January 13, 2020 at 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Doors open at 5:30 for cultural trivia game & Best Tata Duende costume contest *prizes to be won. $1 for kids and seniors & $2 for adults to see Tecuani & the Duende. For $1 more stay & watch The Bottle. We'll have snacks & drinks for sale to raise funds to keep doing events like this!

Amandala

Fugitive captured in Rural Belize
Kenrick Longsworth has been captured. He was wanted in connection with the death of the a child 3 and wounded two other. The ComPol thanks all for their assistance in this matter and look forward to greater collaboration with you the general public in future matter.

The Reporter

Fugitive Accused Killer Captured
This afternoon Commissioner of Police Chester Williams announced that fugitive from justice Kendrick Longsworth, on the run after the brutal murder of a child, 3, and the beating of two others, had been captured in rural Belize. The Reporter confirmed shortly after that Longsworth had been found in Isabella Bank, in an area called Hendy Bank by locals.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Belmopan Bandits hit cricket score in Premier League return
The Premier League of Belize is back, and so are its sub-champion (from the Opening Season) […]

Statistical Institute prepares for Census 2020
The Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB), starting in May, will be counting all the population of […]

Commissioner of Police informs that accused child killer has been captured
Commissioner of Police, Chester Williams informed the public via his Facebook page minutes ago that […]

Police in pursuit of accused child killer
Police are currently in pursuit of accused child killer, Kenrick Longsworth. Longsworth was found moments […]

Young Belizean with high aspirations meets pilot, tours plane’s cockpit
When 14-year-old Taishaun Miguel stepped on to a SouthWest airline flight over the holidays, he […]

Man shot in Lord’s Bank last night
A man was shot last night in Lord’s Bank Village. Police say that Phillip Guzman, […]

PUP ready for early elections
As Belize waits for the announcement of the official date for the 2020 General Elections, […]

Reward now $9,000 for suspected child killer
As the manhunt continues for Kenrick Longsworth, who is wanted in connection with the brutal […]

Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology issues drought warnings for Belize and others
The Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH) has listed Belize among other Caribbean territories that […]

Publication in Scotland names Belize as one of its top places to visit in 2020
A publication in Scotland has highlighted Belize as one of its top places to visit for […]

Blogs

TexBel Farms
Two Texan gentlemen, Lindsey Short and Alan Arsht decided to start a whole new industry in Belize. They recognized that Belizean soil yields world-class fruits and vegetables, yet there was no export market. TexBel is a new environmentally conscious company set to reshape the tropical fruit beverage industry, offering products of the highest quality and freshness, for global markets. Their initial farm was acquired in 2013 and provided the foundation of the coconut business. In 2014 and 2015, two more farms were established. The most important next step was to recruit local management. With this in place, Local farmers are also trained in agronomic practices. They can then sell their fruit to Texbel and benefit directly from the higher prices for sustainable crops. TexBel now has over 3,000 acres of land planted with a special coconut hybrid, Persian limes, Valencia oranges, and other tropical fruits, including soursop.

Hano’s Coffee and Art Lounge
Hano’s Coffee is tucked between a Clinic on Blue Marlin Drive just before the corner of Coney Drive. The coffee he most prefers is from Guatemala, because of its constant high quality and availability. Hano trained in Taiwan as a Barista and experiments with different beans and is ready to try other coffees from the region, such as El Salvador and Costa Rica. There is an extensive menu of hot and cold coffees, as well as exotic teas and smoothies. The menu is vegetarian, very light and fresh, and the sweet treats are delicate to the palate. Besides all this, there is an atmosphere of tranquility. If you close your eyes, you could imagine you are anywhere on earth, but definitely in the 21st century.

Cayo, Belize
Cayo, in Western Belize, is a quiet, laidback, and affordable alternative to the more busy areas of Ambergris Caye or Placencia. This inland region is both the name of one of Belize’s six districts and the locals’ name for its largest metropolis, the twin cities of San Ignacio and Santa Elena. It backs up to the jungle-covered Maya Mountains, and is traversed by three rivers—the Mopan, the Macal, and the Belize River where the Mopan and Macal come together just outside the small town of Bullet Tree Falls. Other areas of Cayo, such as Spanish Lookout, resemble Ohio with palm trees, where the industrious Mennonite population has cleared the rolling hills and planted it with corn, beans, and orange groves.

Heal Belize by treating violence like a disease
Violence, anger and abuse are cancerous. If you commit an act of violence against someone because you are angry or hurt, your act is transferred to the victim. The victim will be hurt or angry and will pass it on….In cases where the victim does not survive, the society, loved ones and family will catch it and will pass it on and it will never stop until your family, community or country engage in methods to heal. There is no coincidence certain individuals, families, communities and countries are always embroiled in conflict and violence even to the point of self destruction. A country is like a body, society the organs and families are like the bloodstream and the individual is like a cell.

A Bastardized Democracy Will Never Lead to Nation Building
I recently listened to an interview where Godwin Hulse bragged to the media that Belize (assuming he meant Belize is part of the British Commonwealth) had more experience at writing laws than the United States and it was at that moment I realized that Godwin Hulse is clueless about Belize’s constitutional democracy, young existence and genuinely believes, though misguided, that the UK, Commonwealth and Belize systems are all equal. A lot of people don’t know that the UK has no constitution. They have a document called the Magna Carta that has existed for centuries that acted somewhat like the first human rights declaration.

Introducing the Destination Belize 2020 Theme
The Belize Tourism Industry Association hosted a mixer at the Colonial Garden of the Radisson Fort George Hotel on Wednesday, January 8 to celebrate the launch of the theme for the 21stedition of Destination Belize – Reef to Rainforest, people to people: Our Green Belize. Destination Belize has, over the last two decades, evolved from a print publication with only 20,000 prints to a publication which today distributes 50,000 prints and is supported by a full online platform – e-magazine, social media, blog and website.

Videos

• Kenrick Longsworth pursuit, min. The suspect is being actively pursued as he dodges police through the many alleys in the pink Jungle area. Residents say he is like a cat.

• Sailing and snorkeling in Belize, 9min.

• Howler monkeys in Belize, 1.5min.

• Belize Nation anthem in Maya Yucatec by To'one Masehualo'on, 1min.

• Belize Diving 2020, 6min. John, Valerie, & Keller have a great time getting our open water PADI certification in Belize!

• Nurse Sharks, Loggerhead Sea Turtles, and Sting Rays in Placencia, Belize, 3min. Shark Ray Alley at Silk Caye in Placencia, Belize.

• San Antonio, Belize, 1.5min. Birds eye of San Antonio, orange Walk, Belize.

• PLB Closing Season | Wagiya FC vs Pirates FC | Live at The Carl Ramos Stadium, Dangriga, 2hr.

• Jats'uts Óokot from Xaibe Corozal, 1min. Yucatec Maya group Jats'uts Óokot from Xaibe singing in Maya.

• Non Dairy Homemade Coconut Milk, 8min. If you're missing milk while doing the Daniel Fast or trying to get rid of dairy from your diet, then you will this rich coconut milk that has not additives or preservatives. If you have a grater or a blender you can make your own coconut milk for you cereal oatmeal, mashed potatoes or just to drink