Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Hi, my husband and I are thinking of moving w/our 11th grade daughter for her Senior year in the Fall 2019. We are planning to move in late June this year! YIkes...

1) I'm looking for good private schools 2) is it worthwhile to crate and move furniture, belongings etc or are they cheap enough to buy everything once we are moved in 3) I've been looking for rentals, and I can't seem to find what all the bloggers are talking about - being able to get rent as low as $800-1,500 monthly.

Any other "WISHED I HAD KNOWN" before moving to Ambergris Caye things you can offer would be MOST appreciated!

m touchton
High school in Belize is college, schools are not set up like the US

M
M
that's good to know, thanks!

m touchton
S
S
We are planning to move to Belize from the US and would like to bring all our furniture and household items. We have contacted the Belize consulate and as per them we must not pay any duty and also they refer us to :
LINK REMOVED

We like to check with other ex-pats who moved from the US if they can recommend us a reliable company for our relocation?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited by Amanda Syme; 11/08/19 12:51 PM.
If you have just acquired residency status you may be able to bring used household items duty free but you will still need to pay GST and environment tax and customs broker fees when you import.

Unless you have gotten residency or been approved for the QRP program you will pay duty on all your goods. Also any wooden products furniture picture frames etc require a special permit from BAHA to allow import and you will pay special additional fee for that before you can import them.

Last edited by dabunk; 11/08/19 01:43 PM.
C
C
Hello, I will be renting an apartment while my property is being built. Does anyone know if I can purchase a golf cart when I arrive or do I have to wait until my residency is granted. Buying seems to be a better option for long term.

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.