Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54100 06/16/02 05:24 PM
C
OP Offline
C
journeys end ok. much better places to stay.

ramoans, Capt Morgans.

#54101 06/16/02 07:34 PM
W
W
We stayed at Belizean Shores and went to check out Journeys End which is just up the beach. My own opinion is that the place is a dump -- didn't actually see inside a room but walked the property. Another couple where we were staying had dinner there. They could not even eat one of the entrees as it was so horrific. The restaurant did not charge them for the meal. It is pretty desolate with hardly anyone staying there at this time. The pool bar is not open and the beach and the pier are not that great. I think the hot tub is empty as well ( I might be wrong on this though). Going the other way, Essene Way is very bizarre. Pool is drained and looks like only one person staying there and they may be the caretakers. I don't even know if they are marketing rooms at this time anyway. However, the CayeMart is great at Essene Way and they even have most American brands of canned veggies as well as Oreos and tons of other needed stuff.

The thing I found most disconcerting is that I could not find any Marlboro Lights on the Island. Benson & Hedges is it with the local stuff. However, on one of our last days, discovered Marlboro Lights at the restaurant Capricorn -- where the food is excellent!!!!!!! I was sooooo happpyyy and cleaned them out of their stockpile. So, if you smoke Marlboro Lights, go heavy on the packs. You could also pay for part of your trip trading these with other hooked smokers who are desperate. There were three of us at BS and we definitely did some trading for that brand. Also, lighters out of town are hard to find as well as matches. Pack many.

Much more to come later........ Just got back last night.

#54102 06/17/02 09:33 AM
FYI: paluxy & scott were staying at JE and LEFT to stay at caribe.

joinathan...i'm sorry. i tried to warn you 2 years ago how it was going.

caribe was clean & beautiful. 1,000 pics to post when i am not so sick & tired. my head is lead.

#54103 06/17/02 12:14 PM
T
T
We took a golf cart up there and noticed the same things....EMPTY and run down. I was so thankful we didn't stay there...it was one of our choices.

teacher

#54104 06/18/02 09:02 AM
K
KJ Offline
K
Ditto the comments on Journey's End. We stayed at Belizean Shores, loved it great value. We dove a couple times at Journey's End, do not recommend that either, equipment poor, and unfriendly staff.

#54105 06/18/02 09:12 AM
i am surprised on the last comment. steve's dive shop was top notch when we were there, and very friendly. (as was all the staff).

i would not be surprised if the change in attitude has something to do with the rest of what is happening at JE. i imagine it is killing steve's livelihood. no guests, no dives? he owns the business, but i think he rents the space from JE.

too bad. they coulda really done it nice there. another owner not caring. took our money and pocketed it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.