Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
So, along with many others, we are disappointed to find out that our 5th trip to AC scheduled for 3/28 - 4/4 is not going to happen.

Yesterday I received an email from Gabriel at Paradise Management (Indigo) that we would not be able to get in and out and would we like to reschedule some time in the next year. I explained that my wife is a teacher and we travel on her spring break which is a week later so we could not reschedule within a year but would be able to come back 4/3 through 4/10 2021. Garbriel responded "no problem, you are confirmed for those dates, we will see you then. Yeah Gabriel.

Sun Country Airlines. Same story, rebook within a year. They said we do not have to travel within a year, just book it so no problem. Yeah Sun Country.

Maya Island Air. Several emails back and forth with Jennefer. No refund and you will not be using within 1 year so your out of luck. Boo Jennefer and Maya Island Air. We'll see you all next April and will be arriving by Tropic Air.

We look forward to seeing you next April. Also, just an FYI, in situations like these, we at Tropic Air are issuing a credit that can be used in the future so you don't lose out on your ticket.
#FlyTropic

J
J
Sounds like Maya isn't very understanding during this crisis, You're probably better off with Tropic anyway. Enjoy your trip next year!

Last edited by JohnVan3; 03/22/20 05:15 PM.

John
When this is over Belize will need all the tourism it can get to recover financially.
It is disgusting when a business has been paid for a service and refuses to provide that service in the future when it will be needed, thus preventing a tourist from coming and spending much needed dollars.
Best described as short term greed and selfishness.
Hats off to Tropic and the establishments that are willing to put the greater need what will benefit all of Belize as opposed to a business one that only cares about keeping a few dollars and not providing a service that they have been paid for.
I hope many future visitors coming to Belize will learn of Maya's policy and take that into consideration when choosing what airline to support.

Sent from my iPad

T
T
Unfortunately my trip for 3/24 - 4/1 had to be cancelled also....

Let me commend the Blue Tang Inn where i was staying. They emailed me a week prior offering credits for up to 2 years. I held out hoping to still make the trip but ended up cancelling 5 days prior to arrival. Sent them an email and they responded ensuring me i would have a credit for 2 years and they were also adding one 1/2 day snorkel trip on their sail boat. Bravo to the Blue Tang Inn for their professionalism during this time ! !

Now for the not so pleasant news...

I rented a golf cart from Marks golf carts ( https://spmarksgolfcarts.com/ ) via email. While going through details of dates, pricing, and where to deliver Mark was prompt and usually answered within a couple of hours. This was surprising due to most emails were sent around midnight. Everything was agreed upon and credit card info was sent thru a link sent to me in his email. The credit card was never charged until the day after the announcement that the Belize airport would be closing for 30 days. The credit card was charged $30 more than the agreed upon amount. I tried contacting Mark via email to cancel my reservation since i couldn't get to the island and get my credit card refunded. It has now been 7 days with no response. I find it pretty crappy he wont even return the email. I won't spend my money with this type of merchant in the future. Yes i will be rescheduling my trip for August.

Heads up to Mark if you read this. I have disputed the charges so don't expect to get paid !

I commend all the merchants who show they care about tourism and are giving credits. These are the people i will be spending my money with.

Why don't you simply outreach your card issuer and challenge the transaction?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
T
T
As I stated above, I have disputed the charge with the card company.

Doh! Overworked eyes.....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.