Precautionary Measures for Preventing and Slowing the Transmission of COVID-19 – Notice to Customers
In conformity with the national effort to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fisheries Department is guided by the Quarantine Order No. 28 of 2020 and guidelines for ‘SAFE WORKING ARRANGEMENTS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE DURING COVID-19’ (Circular Memorandum No. 13 of 2020) and will be taking the following measures effective Monday March 30, 2020:
1. No walk-ins will be allowed, Public visitations will only be allowed by appointment.
2. Only applications for renewals of fisher folk and vessel licenses will be received and the Department will be applying the guidelines for social distancing in terms of entry to the compound;
3. Applications for seafood permits are suspended until further notice;
4. Research permit applications will only be received online;
5. All drop-off of packages to be done at the Security;
The public is encouraged to submit their applications/queries online via our email addresses for the following services:
The Fisheries Department thanks the public for its understanding and cooperation at this time and continues to encourage everyone to put precautionary measures in place to protect the health and safety of all. The public can follow our Faccbook Page and Websitc for additional updates.