When it comes to the personal protective equipment for the health workers, the Director of Health Services, Dr. Marvin Manzanero explained earlier today that there was the recent arrival of several protective gears into Belize.

Dr.Marvin Manzanero, Director of Health Services: “PPEs have been distributed to all facilities across the country. As a matter of fact I have my notes here in terms of how many PPEs have been delivered. We have gotten delivery of about 4,500 PPEs that have been delivered to the central warehouse and the distribution process has started and I have here in my notes 7,000 PPEs pending to arrive. A total of 264,000 examination gloves have been delivered, blood pressure apparatus for use in specific COVID-19 care of patients, thermometers that I had mentioned before, face shields, safety goggles- those have been delivered to us. Ventilators – the six are arriving later today and we had a total of 24 ventilators more I believe being processed for arrival in country as part of the COVID-19 response.”

LOVEFM