(Friday, April 3, 2020) Recent amendments have been made to the Statutory Instrument governing the state of emergency which, prior to today, did not consider municipal body operations to be essential. Consequently, the following operational measures for the Belize City Council reflect that adjustment and take effect as of today, April 3, 2020:
1. Our cashiers at the Belize City Hall will be open and available from Monday to Friday 9:00am — 1:00pm. In the interest of social distancing, we encourage residents who have the ability to make Property Tax and Trade License payments online to do so at www.belizecitycouncil.org.
Payments can also be made via Scotia Bank Account, (Ace. Name: Belize City Council Ace. No. 9133780 Transit No. 91595) or our Atlantic Bank Account (Ace. Name: Belize City Council Ace. No. 100225187).
2. The Cemetery Office will remain open to make burial arrangements and conduct grave research. Payment of services can be done via the banking information provided above.
3. The Traffic Department will remain open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am —1:00pm however ticket payments can be made via the banking information provided above. Driver's license renewal payments can also be made online via our website or via the banking information provided.
4. Payment for renewal of vehicle licenses can also be done via the banking information provided above. Once paid, your receipt and a copy/picture of the vehicle registration can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. An electronic copy of your new license sticker will be sent to your email.
5. Select sanitation services continue such as street cleaning, municipal waste collection and garbage collection in hotspots. We remind the public to kindly ensure that all garbage is bagged and sealed before disposal, avoid touching your garbage receptacles as much as possible and avoid the disposal of loose trash items. These procedures will prevent the unnecessary spread of illness during this time.
6. Belize Waste Control will continue with regular garbage collection throughout the city.
7. The Michael Finnegan Market remains open from Monday to Saturday during the hours of 8am — 5:30pm and on Sundays from Sam — 12:00pm.
8. All queries and concerns regarding property tax statements can be addressed via our Customer Care line at 227-3073 or 227-2308. Upon request, property tax statements can also be sent to your personal email via this line so long as the appropriate information is provided to our personnel.
9. All payment receipts from banking and online transactions should be sent to our Revenue Department at email@example.com.
10. Construction permit applications will be suspended at the Belize City Building Unit. While Statutory Instrument 46 of 2020 allows for construction and construction sites to continue working, this will only apply to those who have valid permits.
These measures are all in accordance with the law under the State of Emergency and have been approved by the local government. We ask for the support of all residents in maintaining social distancing and other safety procedures as advised by the Ministry of Health. Thank you for your consideration and we apologize if these changes pose any inconveniences to our residents.