Next Thread
Print Thread
Eighth Case Of COVID-19 Confirmed In Corozal District #541548
04/08/20 11:14 AM
04/08/20 11:14 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
A further 31 samples, which included primary contacts of patients #6 and #7, were tested on April 7th, for COVID-19. Out of those, the Ministry has confirmed another positive case.

The patient is a 50-year-old male who is currently in the isolation area of the Corozal Community Hospital. The patient was referred from the private sector and has been hospitalized since yesterday. A mapping exercise has started for this patient and further details will be provided later on in the day.

Re: 8th Case COVID-19, 2nd case in Confirmed In Corozal District [Re: Marty] #541559
04/09/20 04:19 AM
04/09/20 04:19 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
There is a second confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Corozal District. The patient is Ramsey Gillett, a brave public officer who works at the Lands Department in Corozal Town and resides there with his wife and two children.

Statement from Patient #8, Ramsley Gillett

[Linked Image] ďAs the latest person to contract the COVID-19 virus in Belize, I want to share my situation with the nation. I am Ramsley Gillett, a 50-year-old Belizean working as a Land Inspector with the Ministry of Natural Resources. I am a resident of Corozal, where my wife, two children and I reside.

It is my belief that I contracted the coronavirus while regularly engaged in my duties as a public servant. I have decided to make this public declaration with the hope of ending the stigma and discrimination that Iíve seen displayed against other COVID-19 patients and their families.

My request to all my fellow citizens is for you to give my family and I your support during this very difficult time. We are a God-fearing family and we ask you to join your prayers with ours at this time. Please pray especially for my beautiful wife and two children.

I am currently in the care of the Healthcare system of Belize and my plea is that the government does all that is in its power to care for and provide the best medical services to those like myself who are affected by this deadly virus. Please ensure that there is wider-spread testing and that the parameters for determining when somebody will be tested is now widened to include those who may not have a travel history outside Belize. Please afford prompt and courteous service to all who make an outreach and attempt to engage the public health services of our country. My experience in the aforementioned could certainly have been different.

I beg all Belizeans to follow the advice of the authorities, stay at home and practice social distancing. Do not come out if you do not have to. Please let us all do our part to protect ourselves, families and the communities in which we live.

Finally, I request of all once more, the support and respect for my family and I as we go through this very difficult time.Ē

May Godís grace be upon us all.

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
May
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 156 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics71,357
Posts480,811
Members19,647
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.