Due to the health and logistical requirements that must be met in order to transport individuals safely and securely through Belize to the airport during the current State of Emergency, the United Airlines repatriation flight scheduled for April 14, 2020 has been postponed. We are advocating for a replacement flight for April 16, but we do not yet have confirmation from United. Please understand that we are working diligently with our partners – United Airlines and the Government of Belize – to get you home.
As soon as we have confirmation of a replacement flight, we will let you know how to engage with United to book passage, and how to work with the Government of Belize to secure transit to the airport.
Read the full travel alert here:https://bz.usembassy.gov/travel-alert-u-s-embassy-belmopan-belize-09-apr-2020/
We encourage all U.S. Citizens in Belize to sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov or to email [email protected]
so we can share urgent updates or contact you in an emergency.
U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States should email [email protected]
to receive updates about flight repatriation options available in the future. Please include the following information in your email:
• Your full name as it appears in your passport
• A current phone number and email address that we can use to contact you
• Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
• Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it.
• Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
Please visit bz.usembassy.gov for American Citizen Services contact info and the most recent updates.