Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (14-APR-2020)
United Airlines flight UA3042, which departs Philip Goldson International Airport on Thursday April 16, 2020 at 12:00 noon and arrives in Houston at 15:28 pm, is fully booked. If you are a passenger on this flight, please read the following information to protect you and all personnel involved in a safe departure from Belize. If you are not a passenger on this flight but are still interested in repatriating to the United States, please skip to step number 6.
1. If you have not previously done so, register with the Government of Belize. All ticketed passengers must fill out the online form:https://forms.gle/YWybE8dJD4nym3ZS7
This form must be completed and submitted for any person boarding the flight. One application per traveler is required. If you are NOT a ticketed passenger on this flight, do not fill out this form.
2. Transportation: Final arrangements for transportation to PGIA are being arranged by the Government of Belize (GOB) and they will disseminate information to all travelers as soon as possible.
Please see the current information below for your district:
a. Belize District/Belize City: Passengers must arrange their own transportation. Be aware that there will be a Ministry of Health check when you arrive at Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA).
b. Cayo District: Buses will be provided for passengers from Cayo District. The GOB will notify passengers, as soon as possible, of the locations within Cayo District to connect to a bus. There will be a small fee for the bus and Department of Health inspection.
c. Caye Caulker, Corazal, Dangriga, Orange Walk, Placencia, Punta Gorda, and San Pedro: The GOB has arranged transport via plane on Tropic Air from these districts. Please contact Tropic Air at firstname.lastname@example.org to give them the following information for each passenger.
i. Full Name
ii. Date of Birth
iii. Departure Airport (See list above) Please arrive at your airport of departure no later than 07:30 am for Department of Health inspection and boarding.
iv. Tropic Air Fee: Be prepared to pay the fee for this flight directly to Tropic Air. Direct any fee questions to email@example.com
If you still have any questions concerning transportation once you have been notified, please contact +501-614-7582 between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and provide your name and number or email.
3. Ministry of Health: The Ministry of Health will be screening all passengers. Please follow all instructions given by email, phone, or in person at the transportation sites or airport. All passengers will be required to wear a mask to the airport. Please purchase or follow online instructions to manufacture your own mask. The U.S. Embassy will provide masks and gloves for all passengers upon arrival at Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA).
4. Ministry of Immigration: For passengers whose immigration status in Belize has expired, the Ministry of Immigration will be updating your status at PGIA. Please be prepared to pay any associated fees in cash.
5. United Airlines: All passengers must pre-check into the flight within 24 hours before flying (any time after 12:00 noon on Wednesday April 15). Please be prepared to pay all luggage and other fees for United Airlines with a credit or debit card online or at the airport upon arrival.
6. For Non-passengers: If you have not previously done so, please enroll in STEP at https://step.state.gov/
and provide your name and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time there are no additional repatriation flights planned, and STEP is the vehicle for the U.S. Embassy to notify you if one becomes available. Please stay safe and observe all Government of Belize Quarantine requirements.
The safety and security of American citizens is our highest responsibility. If you have any questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy Belmopan American Citizen Services Unit at ACSBelize@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
for updated information on conditions in Belize.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
• U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
o Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
o +501 822-4011
o ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
• State Department - Consular Affairs
o 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Belize Country Information at travel.state.gov
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
• Follow us on Facebook