The Fisheries Department hereby informs fisherfolk with a valid fishing license that the sea cucumber fishery will be open for fishing from May 11 to June 30, 2020 or when the catch quota is realized, whichever is first.
The sustainability and long-term viability of the sea cucumber fishery is of utmost importance to all; therefore, fishers are required to adhere to the following regulations:
1. Only fishers with valid fishing licenses are allowed to fish for sea cucumbers during the prescribed period.
2. Fishers are only allowed to fish for sea cucumbers in their authorized fishing areas as shown in their individual fishing license cards.
3. Fishers shall deliver their catch only to facilities designated by the Fishermen Cooperative and Fein Catch Limited.
4. Fishers shall harvest and possess sea cucumbers with a total length of 10 inches or greater (live animals) or with a minimum weight of seven ounces.
5. Fishing vessel owners and/or vessel captains must maintain a catch log record and must submit this data to the Fisheries Department at the end of each fishing trip.
6. All other Fisheries Regulations are applicable.
[url=https://www.sanpedrosun.com]Photo by San Pedro Sun[/url