Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]According to a Facebook statement by Kareem Musa, his father, former Prime Minister Said Musa, is hospitalized after symptoms of a mild stroke last night. Musa is said to be alert and in stable condition, and the post reveals that because of COVID-19 protocols, only immediate family members are allowed to be with him.

The Reporter

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
According to his family, he is alert and stable but will remain in the hospital for the next few days.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The family of Said Musa wishes to express our heartfelt thanks to the many who sent messages of well wishes, blessings and prayers on learning of his illness. He is in good spirits.

Going forward we remain optimistic for his recovery that will require time, therapy and patience.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rt. Hon. Said Still Interested in Fort George

p> Briceno didn't have to deflect nearly as much when he spoke of his predecessor Said Musa. The 76 year old, 8 term area representative for Fort George is recovering from a mild stroke. But, with elections scheduled for later this year, is he battle ready? Or is he even still interested in running? That's what the media asked his leader and his son today:

Hon. John Briceno, PUP Leader
"He is getting stronger every day. He continues to get his physiotherapy, but maybe chairman would you like to add some more to that."

Henry Charles Usher, PUP Chairman
"As the party leader said he is doing much better and he certainly wants to express his gratitude to all those who have been sending well wishes to him. He gets quite a bit of messages on his phone every day, so it's good to see the Belizean people continuing to check up on him. He's doing much better, he is asking a lot about what's happening in Fort George Division, so I have to report to him on that. He is still recovering, but it looks well and the doctors expect a full recovery."

Reporter
"We understand he is having issues with mobility, do you foresee he keeping a role in the next general elections?"

Hon. John Briceno, PUP Leader
"As I've said all the time that only the Rt. Hon. Said Musa can decide whether he wants to run in the next election or not, so it's too early for anybody to say anything. We will wait for him to make that decision."

Musa was first elected in the Fort George division in 1979.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Former Prime Minister Said Musa is recovering well after receiving a minor surgery in the United States. The 2-term former Prime Minister was flown out following a stroke he suffered back in May. Musa is expected to return back home by next week. Today we spoke with his Musa's son, Kareem who told us that his father, the political veteran went into the procedure last week and his speech has since improved.

Kareem Musa, Son of Hon. Said Musa:About two weeks ago he was flown out to the United States, he’s actually in New Orleans and thankfully there’s not a spike in COVID cases in the city of New Orleans like there is in Florida and Texas so he’s there at Ochsner Clinic. The reason that he had gone there was for a very minor procedure to assist with his swallowing muscle and I’m very pleased to report that on Tuesday of this week he went in for the procedure, a very short time, later he came out and he’s speaking just like normal and he’s now swallowing better so we’re very happy with the outcome of the procedure. While he’s been there over the last two weeks he’s also been getting a lot of physiotherapy so he should be back he’s scheduled back into the country and of course go through the mandatory quarantine his fourteen days or twenty one days I’m not sure what it is but go through the quarantine period. Next Friday he’s going to be flying back into the country.”

The question still remains whether long time Area Representative for Fort George will continue in electoral politics. According to Kareem that is a decision yet to be made.

Kareem Musa, Son of Hon. Said Musa: It’s definitely the burning question, I know that is on the minds of many Belizeans but it’s not something that we have discussed when he was down and I don’t believe you should ever approach a lion like Said Musa who was a two term prime minister, when he’s down to make a critical decision like that because as you know the people of the Fort George division they love him yesterday, they love him today and they’re gonna love him tomorrow and so that is certainly a decision that Said Musa will have to make for himself. I’m just a one term member of parliament I can’t go to him after forty years of being in government and bring such a big question to him. So when he’s back and strong I’m certain he’s going to be making that decision.”

Musa suffered a mild stroke on May 17, 2020, which brought on health complications. Kareem says his father suffered a rare kind of stroke that falls within two percent of all strokes.

LoveFM

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.