Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5420
10/05/00 10:18 PM
10/05/00 10:18 PM
Canada
J
John in Vancouver, Canada Offline

John in Vancouver, Canada  Offline
J
nradick; have a look at "Paradise Villas" at //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum2/HTML/001423.html and you will hopefully find the answer you are seeking unless the Paradise Villas and the Paradise Resort Hotel are two different places. (I have never been to Belize) Wish everybody the best!

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5421
10/05/00 10:36 PM
10/05/00 10:36 PM
Leduc, Alberta, CANADA
D
Dan Armeneau Offline

Dan Armeneau  Offline
D
Thanks John, I did a quick search but I couldn't find it but that was the message I was refering to.

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5422
10/07/00 09:48 AM
10/07/00 09:48 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Thanks Dan and John (and Nellie Gomez and Dan's brother) for your responses. Yes, I believe that Paradise Resort Hotel is immediately to the South of Paradise Villas.

Still no definitive news, though, so I look forward to hearing from your brother Dan.

Thanks again and my thoughts are with everyone.

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5423
10/08/00 11:57 AM
10/08/00 11:57 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Back to the top, before you close up shop.

Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5424
10/08/00 12:20 PM
10/08/00 12:20 PM
B
bored in belize Offline

bored in belize  Offline
B
i saw paradise resort hotel - it's in BAD shape. all the roofs from the cabanas are gone and nearly all the palm trees are laying in a tangled mess around the resort.
paradise villas on the other had did just fine.

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5425
10/08/00 03:02 PM
10/08/00 03:02 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
That is unfortunate news, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'd like to talk to you more about - but I can't seem to get on your home page - would you please, please send an email to me at:

nradick@hotmail.com

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5426
10/08/00 05:19 PM
10/08/00 05:19 PM
Wilton, CT / Marco Island, FL
A
Annie Offline

Annie  Offline
A
We are very sad to hear Paradise Resort sustained great damage. Does anyone know if they are planning to rebuild?

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5427
10/11/00 07:19 PM
10/11/00 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Back to the top. Thanks.

Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5428
10/12/00 02:55 AM
10/12/00 02:55 AM
Fremont, CA, USA
S
susangg Offline

susangg  Offline
S
Info received today on conditions at Paradise Villas which I have forwarded to every owner I have an email address for:

I just got off the phone with Nellie. She gave me the following info, which some of you may already have:
1. The Paradise Villas are among the buildings with the least amount of damage anywhere.
2. No roofs or chunks of roofs were lost and the roof tiles are all or nearly all intact.
3. The damage to the ceilings in some of the units (which include #14 and #16 and I don't know how many others) was caused by the water coming in through the vents and under the roof, not from tiles coming off. Sheet rock has been ordered to replace it and it will be done and painted as soon as the materials arrive, over the next few weeks.
4. Some of us (including me) will have to have some doors replaced. I know that my downstairs back glass patio door has to be replaced, not sure if others will also.
5. There does not appear to be interior damage other than those back bedrooms and bathrooms. Downstairs units are OK. I specifically asked if I had any broken windows and she said no; I do not believe anyone else did either.
6. Don't know if there was any damage to furnishings from the ceiling collapse, but if so, it was not major. The only thing that might have to be replaced in our unit is the mattress in the back bedroom, not sure yet.
7. The city water (expensive) is turned on. The cisterns are full but the water is not safe to drink. They will be putting chemicals in it and using it for toilets and showers for now, not for drinking. (I guess the sinks are now hooked up to the city water from the desalinization plants). Over time, with disinfection and more rain, it will be OK.
8. The pool will have to be drain and refilled, and since there is a crack or two to fix, there may be no swimming pool for a few days. It's full of debris. She is not sure about the time line for this, as first priority is the condos.
9. The dock is OK but the platform at the end is gone. It will be replaced, but no timeline for that yet. As soon as possible.
10. Assessments will be made to all owners for the damages to the common areas (roofs, pool, platform on dock, gardens, etc. etc.) Unsure of the amounts at this time. The trustees will have to determine that.
11. This is sad news: All of the beautiful flowers and bushes and most trees are gone and will have to be replanted. Will have to recultivate the gardens from scratch and start over and plant new coconut trees.
12. She has not seen any of the Paradise Villas cats (in case anybody but me cares...). However, everybody's favorite white cat belonged to Trish and moved with her when she did, so I hope she's OK....she would sleep on our beds with us when we visited and purr so I hope she is safe and sound. We will really miss her (we have six cats and go through purr withdrawal when we travel...)
We are very lucky to have escaped with minor damage from a category 4 hurricane.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com
Re: Paradise Resort Hotel #5429
10/12/00 04:43 AM
10/12/00 04:43 AM
Sandshaker Offline
Sandshaker  Offline
Susan....your right....the VILLAS do look good and their clean up efforts have been swift and amazing.
The question was about Paradise Resort which is not the same thing. The resort did get a lot of damage and yes....roofs are missing, trees down and bar was damaged. I haven't been by there for at least 2 days, but at that time nothing had been done. I was told the owners were away for a week and then would return to assess the damage and clean up. Will try to get current info on that for you nradick.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 107 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics71,413
Posts480,983
Members19,652
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.