FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofers – Flying
“Jefe—where you going?” Mario called to me as I put on my hat. “I’m going home,” I said. “It’s already midnight and past my bedtime.” “Aw, come on boss,” Moses said. “We just getting started with shooters.” “And I’ve had two,” I told him as I headed out the door of the bar. “That’s my limit.” The Nosénada Social Club was celebrating Moses’ win in our monthly 9-ball tournament. Moses hardly ever won at shooting pool so he was spending even more money than he earned by taking the winners pot.

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Caye Caulker Soup Kitchen day Location
Sunday, June 21st Meal Pick ups. Location: Belize Diving Services Ltd. Times: Village: 11:00am - 11:45am. Bahia: 11:45am - 12:30pm.

San Narciso R.C. School Graduation
Graduates of 2019-2020. Congrats to all. May the good Lord shower you with His blessings so that your path be filled with success and happiness. From admin and staff.

Tropic Air adjusts its southern flight schedule
Tropic Air announces that, in order to facilitate improvements at the Placencia airstrip, it will be temporarily suspending flights to the peninsula after its last flight on Friday, June 19th. Construction is scheduled to be completed by November 22nd, and we shall resume full service, including Blue Hole Tours, shortly thereafter. In the interim, and once the Philip Goldson International Airport reopens to foreign carriers, we intend to serve the peninsula via an alternate airstrip. The final details of the alternate arrangement are being finalized and will be made public shortly.

First Yucatec Maya museum in Cristo Rey village, Corozal District
Hearts filled with gratitude for the inspiration, health, strength and opportunity for fellowship and caring as we worked together on the beautiful finishing touches for the first Yucatec Maya museum in Cristo Rey village, Corozal District, Belize. We are grateful for the opportunity to see dreams come to fruition. Yuumbotik to a powerfully fierce working team. We are "To'one Masehualoon NGO. "

Channel 5

RTA in Armenia
A road traffic accident happened a few minutes ago in front of a shop in Armenia village. First responders on the scene say that two vehicles are involved in the collision. They report that the victims are both men who appear to be travelling alone. One of drivers is being transferred to the hospital; the second driver appears unresponsive on the scene.

A vehicle burst into flames earlier this afternoon
We are told that it happened on the road leading to Xaibe Village in the Corozal District.

LOVE FM

CEO George Lovell comments on recruitment tests
Several other issues arose during the three-hour long meeting with members of the Belize Defence Force (BDF), including the matter of the tests that recruits need to sit in order to join the ranks. Concerns were raised that some recruits were unable to comprehend the tests, but according to Brigadier General, Steven Ortega, these tests are set at a primary school level.

BDF opens up about sexual assault and more
The Belize Defence Force (BDF) and members of the media met today for a tell-all session, where they discussed various topics, including the investigation into the allegation of sexual assault made by intake #65. They divulged the members of the independent investigative team that was responsible to look into all the allegations made.

Traffic flow restored on George Price Highway
Just after ten o’clock last night the portion of the road at mile 38 that was destroyed by heavy rains was mended and traffic flow resumed between Belize City and Belmopan. It took over fourteen hours for engineers to address the issue, even if only temporarily.

Love Foundation continues to build their covid-19 relief fund
The Love Foundation continues to provide relief to many individuals via a fund that was established shortly after Covid-19 in March. Since then the foundation has been receiving assistance from several entities to keep the fund going.

At risk kids participate in basketball tournament
Kids in the Jungle Area of Belize City are participating in a basketball tournament organized by Philip “Fawda” Henry from the “Du di rait thing” program. According to Henry, the tournament is targeted at children affected by gang violence to assist them from the mental trauma they may be subjected to.

NEMO Minister speaks on floods and infrastructure
The National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) has been on the forefront in various villages, assisting families affected by floods. According to the Minister of Nemo, Edmund Castro, they have been evacuating families from their home to hurricane shelters in the Toledo and Cayo districts.

BAPDA makes appeal on behalf of paralyzed man
The Belize Association for Persons with Diverse Abilities (BAPDA) is making an appeal to the Belize Central Prison to allow 29-year-old Aspinal Welch to seek medical attention. According to Roxanne Marin, President of BAPDA, Welch has been bed ridden after being shot three years ago and needs to undergo treatment due to his condition.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Flooding triggers water outages in Twin Towns
The Belize Water Services informed residents that due to flooding, there is an on going […]

Armenia resident reported missing
The family of Mansueto Coc, 35, of Armenia Village, Cayo are concerned about his whereabouts. […]

More Belizeans come home, Ministry of Health says repatriates not a major health risk
A total of 43 Belizeans arrived in the country yesterday on a repatriation flight following […]

“There is no culture of abuse in the Belize Defense Force,” says Ministry of National Security
Following a swarm of accusations and complaints about sexual misconduct in the upper ranks of […]

Police seek two for counterfeit bills
Police are seeking two people after a Belize City shop owner reported that he was […]

Guatemalan national wanted for chopping three people in Orange Walk
Guatemalan national Esau Ramirez Lopez is currently on the run and wanted by police for […]

Ministry of Health: Almost 2000 tests conducted
Yesterday, the Ministry of Health informed that a total of 1,998 tests have been conducted […]

Blogs

Saturday San Pedro Round-Up: Photos & Wondering What’s Ahead…
It’s a warm Saturday morning on Ambergris Caye, the sun is shining and the international airport (and the borders) have been closed since the end of March. About 3 months now. This past week has been RAINY – so rainy in fact that the mainland saw perilously high rivers and even some major highway collapses. After over 50 days without an active CoVid case, we’ve seen four new diagnoses of Covid-19 in the country. Two from Belizean citizens who have been repatriated back to Belize – one from a cruise ship (#19) and one from a repatriation flight out of Houston (#21). And then another from a Guatemalan citizen illegally crossing to Southern Belize. And most recently #22, a Guatamalan coming across our western border into the Cayo district. All are reported contained/quarantined.

18 AWESOME Things To Do In Caye Caulker + Best Activities | Belize
Here I will tell you the top 18 things to do in Caye Caulker, Belize. After spending 5 days on this beautiful island, I found all the best activities to do and you can find them right here to help plan what to see and do on your trip. You might think on a small island, like Caye Caulker, there won’t be much to do but located just a mile inside Belize’s Barrier Reef (the world’s second-largest reef), it really is a must-visit destination if you are going to Belize. In comparison to San Pedro, its closest neighbour, Caye Caulker is smaller, (only 5 miles/ 8 km long and 0.15-1.2 miles/ 0.25-2 km wide). However, there are plenty of things to see and do whilst you are staying there.

Belize Snorkeling Tour : Swimming With Manatees
The most incredible wildlife encounter I had backpacking through Central America was the Belize Snorkeling Tour I did in Caye Caulker. The Belize Barrier Reef offers some of the best snorkelling in the world, this is the destination to live up all your island paradise dreams while swimming with mantaees, nurse sharks and eagle rays. After assessing all the options, I decieded that a full-day tour was best value for money and the best option to make the most of the 3 days I had in Caye Caulker Belize. Keep in mind there is not a lot to do in Caye Caulker, so a full-day tour will still give you plenty of time to explore the rest of the island.

Taking Adventures to New Heights: Ziplining Tours in Belize
In Belize, a zipline tour is as close as you can get to flying over the jungle. Pretend to be Tarzan for the day and soar amongst the rainforest from tree to tree. This exhilarating adventure allows you to experience a bird’s-eye view of the forest floor and enjoy a different point of view that cannot be seen from the ground. If you are looking for an adrenaline-pumping experience, then strap in to a series of exciting ziplines with one of these sites.

Why Your Next Retreat Should Be Belize
Once travel restrictions lift, you’ll be ready to shake off your cabin fever and do some traveling. You’ll also be ready to indulge yourself after weeks of being cooped up and stressed out. Here are some reasons to choose Belize as your first destination retreat. Belize has warm weather, gorgeous beaches, friendly beach bars and stunning natural beauty. With its small population and protected natural areas, Belize is the ideal place to ease yourself back into travel. It’s a short flight and getting here takes less than two hours from most US airports.

International Sourcesizz

Chetumal supera a Cancún en contagios de COVID-19 en las últimas 24 horas
Chetumal surpasses Cancún in COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours. Cancún.- En Quintana Roo ya se han confirmado dos mil 795 casos positivos de COVID-19, 60 más que el día anterior, mientras que el número de decesos registrados pasó de 500 a 503, es decir, tres más en las últimas 24 horas. Dos de las defunciones registradas tuvieron lugar en el municipio Benito Juárez, donde se ubica Cancún y una, en Othón P. Blanco.

Videos

• Belizean Bread Pudding, 4min. Pastry Chef Einar Marin shares his recipe for making the tastiest belizean bread pudding! Make sure to tune in so you can get in on his secret recipe.

• Anglican Cathedral College's Class of 2020 Virtual Celebration, 75min.

• Muffles College Class of 2020 A Virtual Celebration, 82min.

• Gilharry 7 Band - Gramma, 4min. The Gilharry 7 Band have released a new music video entitled Gramma. Just in time for Father's Day. GRAMMA GENRE IS BELIZEAN BRUK- DOWN

• Mount Carmel High School 2020 Graduation Ceremony, 3.5hr.

• Boca's Restaurant - San Ignacio, Belize, 1.5min.

• Kwasa Body-Culinary - Off Grid Living Belize, 39min. Sister Kwasa joins the 2017 Black Sustainability Summit to offer a peek into sustainable, off-grid living in Belize. She offers insights into the advantages and challenges of living in a remote area in the rainforest of Belize. She is a Professional Chef specializing in 100% whole unprocessed living foods, Personal Trainer and Natural Health and Fitness Consultant since 1995.

• Driving in Southern Belize to Blue Creek and Punta Gorda, 7min. Driving in Southern Belize to Blue Creek and Punta Gorda. Underwater video from Blue Creek.

• Sailing in Belize on a Bareboat Charter: Part 6, 8min. Sailing from the Moorings base in Placencia. I chartered a 42-foot monohull and acted as skipper with my good friends Michael as chef and Scott as first mate.

• GREAT BLUE HOLE: Scuba Diving Magnificent BELIZE!, 3.5min. The Great Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef were otherworldly in marine life and underwater diving. This place should be a bucket list item for any adventurer and scuba enthusiast

• Belize Disc Golf Vlog 2020, 50min. This course will be found in a Mennonite community located in the small country of Belize. There are 9 baskets with 18 tee pads on it. The course was designed by us and we hope to grow the sport in the country. So if you are a disc golfer and have always wanted to come to Belize, feel free to check us out!

• Feast of Corpus Christi Procession Celebration in Belize, 18min.

• BELIZE-This is the Life, 7.5min. Vacation August 2011. Beautiful sights and sounds of Belize: The Lost Jungle, Dangriga, South Caye, Xunantunich Mayan Ruins, Palencia, St. Ignatius, and more...!!

• Fyah Haat (Firehearth), 1min. We can still find a fyah haat at the center of our culinary traditions. It is a reflection of our cultural heritage. Although not as common as before, many families still continue to cook their meals using the fyah haat.