FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Doctor Love: Divorce
Dear Doctor Love, My husband and I got a divorce last year and at first it was handled pretty calmly. We have joint custody of our nine-year-old daughter and our main concern is keeping a balanced life for her. We were occasionally intimate during the time we were working out the details. I had even wondered if we might give things another go until I found out he was seeing someone and I went ahead with the divorce. I was very hurt that he couldn’t even wait for the ink to dry before heading into another relationship so now I only have contact with him when we have to discuss something that concerns our daughter.

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Caye Caulker Soup Kitchen day Location
Monday June 22nd Meal pick ups. Location: Belize Diving Services Ltd. Time: Village: 11:00am - 11:45am. Bahia: 11:45am - 12:30pm.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Motorcyclist injured in traffic accident in Santa Elena, Cayo
Reports to BBN indicate that just after 9 a.m. today, a motorcyclist was injured in […]

Brazil tallies 1 million COVID-19 cases, 50,000 deaths amid reopening
With 1 million cases and close to 50,000 dead as of Friday, Brazil is confronting […]

Lisa Shoman elected president of Inter-American Development Bank admin tribunal
Senior Counsel and member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Administrative Tribunal based in Washington, […]

Church and Bank of England apologise for slavery roles
The Church of England (the Anglicans) and the Bank of England have apologized for the […]

Blogs

How to Plan an Epic Road Trip in Belize
If you go from A to B for the pleasure of doing so, and ‘smell the roses on the way’, then it’s a road trip. The two simple words can mean so much. Namely, an exciting chance to get away from everyday life as you venture into uncharted territory. Although Belize only has four national highways, some may argue it is best explored by road. Take the Hummingbird Highway: you’ll meander through the scenic Stann Creek Valley; drive between verdant citrus and banana orchards; cross numerous rivers; and get familiar with the villages along the way. In Belize, any destination is just a day’s trip away. Here’s how to plan an epic road trip in Belize.

International Sourcesizz

Caribbean Investment agrees to acquire Scotiabank's Belize banking operations for up to US$35m
Caribbean Investment said it had agreed to acquire Scotiabank's licenced Belize banking operations for up to US$35m from Scotiabank Caribbean Holdings. The acquisitions would expand the company's existing banking operations in Belize and that there were synergies between the group's current banking operations and the operations of SBL.

Acquisition of Scotiabank (Belize) Ltd
The Company today announces that it has reached an agreement for the purchase of Scotiabank (Belize) Ltd. ("SBL") from Scotiabank Caribbean Holdings Ltd., (the "Seller") a subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia ("BNS"), for an initial purchase price of up to US$30.5 million ("Acquisition"). The Acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions.

500 Delta Employees Have Tested Positive For COVID-19
500 Delta Air Lines employees have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the airline’s CEO, Ed Bastian, during today’s shareholder’s call. Unfortunately, 10 of those infected have sadly passed away. So far, around 500 Delta employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the current pandemic began. Thankfully, this represents just 0.6% of the airline’s 90,000 employees. Commenting on the figure, Bastian said,

Videos

• Drums of our Father's Concert with Garinajahz, 61min. Belizean Folk Music fused with Jazz. Dennis C. Wolfe recently did a song with GarinaJahz, a new Belizean Jazz band from Punta Gorda, Belize. They also collaborated ain a song with Supa G, one of the most famous Belizean Artists. The song Dennis is featured on has a full music video and aired last night.

• National Virtual Graduation Ceremony, 21min.

• Police disrupt Santa Cruz, 1.5min. Yesterday residents of Santa Cruz invited PGTV to voice their concerns. They told PGTV that police bust into their village and detained their leaders. The Chairman Alfredo Mes, First Alcalde Renata Canti and Caterino Chaeb Second Alcalde. All based on an anonymous phone call that claimed they went into Guatemala to sell Cacao. When the authorities realized that they did not cross the border they let them out of the quarantine center. By the time they got home the authorities picked them up again and took them back, this time telling them they must now go into self quarantine, because while at the quarantine center in PG they could have been exposed.

• HAPPY FATHERS DAY IN CAYE CAULKER, 3min. HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THESE SPECIAL CAYE CAULKER DAD'S WHO WERE SUBMITTED BY THEIR FAMILY, AND THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS

• Caye Caulker Father's Day Celebration on The Voice of Caye Caulker, 3hr.

• David Heredia from the Cayo Music School performs Fountain of Dreams, 2min.

• Belize 2003, 40min.

• Belize inspiration - Dream Now, Travel Later, 28min.

• Scenes Of Belize, 2.5min. A compilation of drone flights I did.

• Belize 2017,10.5min. Cosmos Sub Aqua Club visit to Belize in 2017.

• Speedboating over to Placencia in Belize, 4.5min. Island hopping in Belize

• 9:00 AM mass from St. Martin de Porres Parish, Belize City, 74min.

• Ivory Kelly Interviewed by Belize Book Industry Association, 21min. Belizean author Ivory Kelly talks about her literary influences and the importance of literature in Belizean society

• Boat Ride - Frenchman Cayes - Port Honduras Marine Reserve - PHMR - Toledo - Belize, 3min.

• Belizean Meat Pies, 18min. There is nothing quite like a hot steaming Belizean meat pie for breakfast. Although these are very popular for breakfast they can also be eaten as a snack throughout the day.

• Scenes Of Belize, 2.5min. A compilation of drone flights I did.

• Huipil & Terno Embroidery Workshop, 4.5min. The Embroidery and Sewing Workshop is well on its way to a successful completion of unique Belizean Ternos. We are very proud of the ladies despite the challenges. They have shown dedication, love and unity throughout this project.