Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
TOURISM NOTICE TO BELIZEANS.

CAVES BRANCH JUNGLE LODGE WILL NOT OPEN to international guests Aug 15.

Ella and I personally appeal to the government of Belize to NOT OPEN BELIZE international airport to tourists until some semblance of control and flatlining is the norm throughout the US.

INTERNATIONAL airports that feed american tourist to Belize: Miami, Houston, Atlanta, LA.. are ALL located in the Exploding Hotspots in the US and all tourist arriving in Belize will have to travel through those airports and fly on those planes bringing with them undetected viral infections.

Science suggests that a viral load of 5-7 days is required for covid 19 tests to show a positive test result and that the rapid test is less than 80 % accurate and requires the same viral load. This 5 -7 days of testing "invisibility" to infection could allow thousands of infected International tourist into our country undetected .. with an arrogant attitude of not needing to heed our rules as they had tested "negative" in two different tests, one by our own government.

As we have seen happen in real time during just the past the weeks, once the US prematurely started to open up its economy, covid spread like a wild fire, infecting millions in just weeks.

Ella and I believe that now is far to premature to open Belize to the most out-of-control country in the world. The United States.

BELIZE .. DO NOT OPEN !

Although my Caves Branch is quickly running out of savings .. we are still supporting our staff of 85 who themselves support over 400 extended family members. We are all in terrible financial condition.. but we believe we must not re open out borders and airports AT THIS TIME.

INSTEAD .. Caves Branch Jungle Lodge continues to DEDICATE OURSELVES to all Belizeans as a safe destination for you, your children, family and friends and all our staff to continue providing our warm hospitality with gratitude for your support to us.

I want all Belizeans to clearly understand that even if the airport does open in August, Caves Branch will NOT accept international guests at that time, ensuring YOUR safety while with us.

I thank all Belizeans for the fantastic support you have given to us over the last two months and together we will prevail in safety.

Thank you, Ian and Ella .. and all our Caves Branch staff.

Hello Ian and Ella,

I understand your fear, given the reporting in the US, where the virus has become a political issue. I think you need to come to terms with the fact that the Coronavirus will not go away. It will become worse and we will have to live with it. At present, according to official figures, less that 1% of Americans are or have been infected, come winter there will be another wave. BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin said a few days ago in an interview with the The Wall Street Journal that it can take 10 years before the world achieves sufficient immunity. It gets worse, a large study from Spain showed that antibodies can disappear weeks after people with antibodies were tested again. We will have to find a way to live with the virus, and I think the requirements of the Gold Standard from BTB, will offer enough safety for Belizeans, while also providing an income for those that have run out of savings and for the whole country.

Just my humble opinion.

Live and let live

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.