One of the topics discussed by Doctor Marvin Manzanero during today’s interview was the preparedness of the Philip Goldson International Airport to reopen to visitors and returning Belizeans. Doctor Manzanero says he met with frontline workers at the P.G.I.A. today. A number of measures have been put in place and are expected to be followed come August fifteenth. According to Doctor Manzanero, foreigners will undergo two rapid tests before they are allowed to travel in the country.

Dr. Marvin Manzanero, Director of Health Services

“We have two separate processes that we have mapped out for Belizeans and foreigners. The foreigners will go through two rapid tests, antigen tests separate situation than the Belizean returning which are going to go to a PCR test because levels of exposure to the community and it depends what you find as you go along. I know people are concern that the schools are open the week before but if you are having tourists going through a specific corridor zone. I don’t know if that will be a concern. I think the concern has got to be the Belizeans returning to the country. I still think that should be the flag for us.”

Channel 5