Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
OP Offline
E
Ok

Managed to fit all into one bag, plus small carry on (painful process!)

Am going to bank today to get travelers checks. Paying for room and scuba class on credit card, and wondering how much to get in checks?

Don't need to eat lobster every night (plus will be in Mass. in August so I will get my fill there) and will not shop much while there. Too many other things to do!

How much should I realistically count on spending per day for food/drinks (took toad's advice and packed a few skirts-should get me at least one free drink!) LOL

Gratefully yours
Elly

We ate and drank really well on $45 - 60 per day. Though that was top of the line food / drink most days.

You can easily do it for less than that.

E
OP Offline
E
I realize common sense says bring as much as you want and cash in what you don't spend, but does not really work that way. I will spend whatever I bring!

40 hours until I leave for airport! Yeah!

$50/Day is a good number.You will probably spend less . Get $50 & $20 in trvlr checks,
anything bigger can sometimes sometimes be a problem in small places.
REMEMBER, you need $32.50 in US, i believe, now as exit bucks. I just read that somewhere recently.Someone please verify or correct me if wrong........Richard

you can use credit cards at most (larger)restaurants & shops. you will need cash to eat cheap. like for bakeries or stands. or tips.

i always bring a bit extra...i hate to be caught short. (no short jokes, guys)

i don't drink liquor much, and that keeps costs way down.

IMPORTANT: remember, you will need $20 BZ p/p to exit the country. (departure tax) you can't get it at the airport. they will not take US cash or cards. make sure you save it!!!

Actually it's US$20 or BZ$40, in cash.

Actually, they do take US dollars for the departure tax. Don't know about trav. checks.

ha ha ha actually they will accept part of the $20.US tax in US and BZ dollars. Good place to get rid of your BZ$.

You cannot get rid of all your Belize money no matter how hard you try. I just found a $20.00 BZ bill in a pair of shorts, that was thru the washing machine in January.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 06-24-2002).]

Dare To Deviate
L
L
Depending on how much you like to drink. I like to drink and eat on vacation and buy whatever, so I bring plenty of money and spend whatever I can!

O.K.--How much is the departure tax?????
U.S. -----Or BZ?????? We have three ideas here so who is right????
Please someone in the KNOW-------------------

John
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.