Turning now to the September Celebration, the government today extended the two week State of Emergency which started on August 6th - and should have ended on the 20th of August - by another two weeks - taking it to September fourth.

That's right into the start of the national celebration month.

Annually, the carnival road march, the Battle of Saint George's Caye Day, and Independence Day are among the most festive times to be in Belize. But, this year, we'll all have to do our partying at home and online.

Yesterday, Patrick Faber, the Minister of Culture, who is also the Chair of the National Celebrations Commission, discussed what these September Celebrations will look:

Hon. Patrick Faber - Co-Chair, National September Celebrations

"I've spent the better part of the morning trying to make decisions as it relates to these celebrations. What we're saying this year is that we cannot kill the Celebrations all together. And so, we are going to celebrate, yes, but we are going to celebrate in a very responsible way. And that means not kind of mass gatherings. The carnival, Jouvert, and the Road March and all of that are not going to happen this year. And I don't think that comes as a surprise to anybody. The kind of gatherings - in fact, it is now going to be illegal for any gathering about 25. It may well get down to some lower numbers, given the state of what is happening right now. We are going to limit the activities to those that can be done virtually, and those that absolutely have to happen, as I would say, the 10th Day Ceremony, and the 21st ceremony in the daytime, where we must, as a symbol of devotion to our country, make a mark of the anniversary of the Battle of Saint George's Caye, and of our country's independence."

"It's going to be a very subdued celebration, but a celebration nonetheless. Where we can turn things up in our homes, by the virtual parties, and celebrations, we are hoping that we can use this opportunity to support our artists, who have, of course, been out of work for some time. Maybe, this is an opportunity that we get to employ them and to help them to help us to celebrate, but in the safety of our homes is where that partying will happen."

Channel 7