In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become necessary for the Ministry of Immigration to sanitize its offices for the protection and safety of staff and the public. The Ministry, therefore, informs the public of the temporary closure of its offices as follows:
• Refugees Department effective Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 until further notice
• Department of Border Management and Immigration Services effective Friday, August 21st, 2020
• Nationality and Passports Department effective Friday, August 21st, 2020
All services will resume on Monday, August 24th, 2020 with the exception of the Refugees Department.
The Ministry asks that ALL staff and customers adhere to the strict social safety protocols mandated by the Ministry of Health. Accordingly, the following must be adhered to:-
• Any person who is ill or exhibits flu-like symptoms is required to be in quarantine or in isolation and must refrain from accessing services;
• All persons accessing services are required to wear a face mask or other face (mouth) covering;
• All persons accessing services are required to properly sanitize hands prior to entering and exiting offices;
• All persons in line to access services must ensure the six-feet social distancing requirement is adhered to;
• The number of persons admitted inside offices, at any one time, will be managed to ensure the six-feet social distancing is maintained at all times.
The Ministry of Immigration apologizes for any inconvenience this closure may cause.