Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]Minister of Health and Corozal Bay representative, Pablo Marin has apparently shot and killed a burglar who'd ransacked the lower flat of his Corozal Town home.

Reports say that at about 10:30 last night, Marin heard sounds in the lower flat of his home. Marin got his licensed 9mm pistol to go and see what was happening and encountered a man of East Indian descent on his verandah in front of him, according to his report. Marin told police he fired a warning shot and then fired two more shots in the direction of the intruder who the ran and jumped the fence into an open lot. He was found dead in a crouched position in that lot. Police also found the lower flat of Marin's home ransacked. Three expended shells were recovered. The deceased is a 37 year old from San Antonio Village.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Minister of Health Pablo Marin shoots intruder at his residence

The official report states that police responded to a report at the residence of the 52-year-old minister around 10:30PM. Upon arrival, Marin said that about 10:29PM, while at the upper floor of his house, he heard a loud noise. He reportedly retrieve his licensed 9mm pistol and went downstairs to see what was happening, and observed a male person his verandah, whom he came face to face with. Marin said he fired a warning shot towards the individual, followed by two additional shots before the person jumped over the fence. Police later found the motionless body of a male person, identified as 37-year-old Askel Matura, Belizean unemployed of San Antonio Village, Corozal District. An assortment of items belonging to Marin were found in a backpack being carried by the deceased. The lifeless body was transported to the Corozal Community Hospital, where it was pronounced dead on arrival..

Honorable Pablo Marin made a personal declaration on his Facebook Page on Friday, August 28th. "Last night was one of the most difficult nights of my life. As an intruder armed with a weapon broke into my house, I had no choice but to defend myself as I was fearful for my life. The outcome is devastating to me. My prayers, of course, are for his eternal soul and for his family."

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

No Charges for Minister Pablo Marin

Health Minister Pablo Marin shot and killed a man last week. Suspected burglar�Arkel Matura was caught burglarizing the Minister's house in Corozal on Thursday night. Matura was shot twice by the Minister who told police that Matura came charging at him with a knife. A warning shot was first fired before the Minister lodged two bullets in Matura. Marin was detained, questioned, and released. Still, no charges have been levied against Marin as investigators await the results of the post mortem which was conducted today. On Friday via his Facebook profile, Marin stated "Last night was one of the most difficult nights of my life. As an intruder armed with a weapon broke into my house, I had no choice but to defend myself as I was fearful for my life. The outcome is devastating to me." The police said today that they have no further information on the incident. On Friday the Prime Minister expressed full solidarity with Marin and so did Police Minister Elodio Aragon Junior today.�

Elodio Aragon Jr., Area Representative, Orange Walk East

"I am not privy to the investigation because that investigation is being carried out by the police department. They are the ones who are doing that and I cannot comment on that because the truth of the matter I don't know the fact. I am not privy to the investigation so it will be terrible of me to give assumption in matters that I don't have all the details."

Hipolito Novelo

"The Prime Minister expressed his full support for Mister Marin, will you do the same?"

Elodio Aragon Jr.

"Listen to me, from the facts in terms of the little of what you hear thus far if you are at home and an intruder enters your home you have the right to safeguard the safety of yourself and your family and you life comes first in your home. You must understand that and the law makes it clear to the use of justifiable force or harm in your home."

Channel 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.