WATER PARK FOR COROZAL TOWN PETITION TO MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES
The Corozal District, despite its tremendous potential for economic growth, has regressed over the past decade with increasing unemployment and rising poverty due to a Government that has neglected its primary needs. Corozal Town, which is the economic center of the district, has seen slow development as well due to a lack of economic opportunities to move the municipality forward. In June 2020 the Corozal Town Council led by Mayor Rigo Vellos received a development proposal for an eco-friendly, world-class Water Park by Belizean investors leading a company named Maximum Water Park.
On Friday, September 18th, 2020 the Ministry of Natural Resources executed a Cease and Desist order signed by Commissioner of Lands Wilbert Vallejos on the basis that the investors have not received permission, but refusing to acknowledge that the delay was caused by them.
At a time when INVESTMENT, JOBS and ECONOMIC ACTIVITY are much-needed in our community, the Ministry of Natural Resources has decided to play petty politics and delay a project that would have a VERY POSITIVE IMPACT on our struggling economy.
Support this petition CALLING on the Minister of Natural Resources, Hon. Hugo Patt, to allow the Water Park Development to PROCEED! For the sake of JOBS and POSITIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH for Corozal Town!!
The Water Park initiative is fully eco-friendly and has a number of BENEFITS for our community including:
1. 20 JOBs at the first instance
2. Boosting Economic Activity in Corozal Town
3. Increasing Tourism visits and revenue for Corozal Town businesses including hotels, restaurant and small vendors
4. Improving the Rainbow beach area, including renovating the bathroom with adequate sewage management amenities
5. Increased property value for immediate neighbourhood
6. Enhancing Environmental Protection for Corozal Bayhttps://www.gopetition.com/petitions/water-park-for-corozal-town.html