Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#544568 08/30/20 05:44 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Saturday morning Corozal Town Mayor Rigo Vellos, Deputy Mayor Hilberto Clarke and Councillors were joined by Mr. Marwin Humes, representative of Maximum Water Park project, Corozal's first world-class, eco-friendly inflatable Water Park, for a symbolic ground-breaking along the Rainbow Beach area.

The Corozal Town Council, following a rigorous process of consultation between the proposed developers and regulatory bodies including Public Health and the Department of Environment; and the Council's own consultation with local stakeholders including the President of the Rainbow Town Area Neighborhood Watch Committee, the Corozal Hotel Association members, Sarteneja Alliance for Conservation and Development, the Rotary Club of Corozal, and the public via an interactive online public consultation, has taken the decision to enter into a LEASE AGREEMENT with Maximum Water Park for the use of the site and development of the initiative.

The project, which will commence today, will enable a wide area of opportunities for Corozal Town mainly in job creation and local tourism attraction when completed.

The Council believes that local hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, small vendors and local entrepreneurs will also benefit from increased tourism visits to our beautiful town.

The Maximum Water Park project will remain under the watchful eyes of the Corozal Town Council and the Department of Environment to ensure that the project produces sustainable economic development while maintaining respect for the environment.

The Corozal Town Council thanks all stakeholders and the public for their input and suggestions as part of the public consultation process and remains excited about the future of our beautiful town.

[Linked Image]

Corozal Daily

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The Corozal Town Council reports to our residents that the development of the Rainbow Beach area where Corozal Town's first world-class, eco-friendly inflatable Water Park is setting up, in collaboration with Maximum Water Park, continues progressively under the Environmental Clearance approved by the Department of Environment. Residents are encouraged to stop by and take a look at this promising investment initiative that will open many opportunities for our community, attracting local tourism and broadening our economic activity.

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
WATER PARK FOR COROZAL TOWN PETITION TO MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES

The Corozal District, despite its tremendous potential for economic growth, has regressed over the past decade with increasing unemployment and rising poverty due to a Government that has neglected its primary needs. Corozal Town, which is the economic center of the district, has seen slow development as well due to a lack of economic opportunities to move the municipality forward. In June 2020 the Corozal Town Council led by Mayor Rigo Vellos received a development proposal for an eco-friendly, world-class Water Park by Belizean investors leading a company named Maximum Water Park.

On Friday, September 18th, 2020 the Ministry of Natural Resources executed a Cease and Desist order signed by Commissioner of Lands Wilbert Vallejos on the basis that the investors have not received permission, but refusing to acknowledge that the delay was caused by them.

At a time when INVESTMENT, JOBS and ECONOMIC ACTIVITY are much-needed in our community, the Ministry of Natural Resources has decided to play petty politics and delay a project that would have a VERY POSITIVE IMPACT on our struggling economy.

Support this petition CALLING on the Minister of Natural Resources, Hon. Hugo Patt, to allow the Water Park Development to PROCEED! For the sake of JOBS and POSITIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH for Corozal Town!!

The Water Park initiative is fully eco-friendly and has a number of BENEFITS for our community including:
1. 20 JOBs at the first instance
2. Boosting Economic Activity in Corozal Town
3. Increasing Tourism visits and revenue for Corozal Town businesses including hotels, restaurant and small vendors
4. Improving the Rainbow beach area, including renovating the bathroom with adequate sewage management amenities
5. Increased property value for immediate neighbourhood
6. Enhancing Environmental Protection for Corozal Bay

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/water-park-for-corozal-town.html

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
In June 2020 the Corozal Town Council led by Mayor Rigo Vellos received a development proposal for an eco-friendly, world-class Water Park by Belizean investors leading a company named Maximum Water Park. The Water Park initiative is fully eco-friendly and has a number of BENEFITS for the community including 20 JOBs in the first instance Boosting Economic Activity in Corozal Town Increasing Tourism visits and revenue for Corozal Town businesses including hotels, restaurant, and small vendors Improving the Rainbow beach area, including renovating the bathroom with adequate sewage management amenities The increased property value for the immediate neighborhood Enhancing Environmental Protection for Corozal Bay. On December 23RD, 2020 I visited Maximum Park in Corozal as they were working to test the Maximum Water Park Equipments.

A new business venture always brings excitement to our Corozal Community.

Maximum Water Park in Rainbow Beach will be conducting a test of their newly acquired inflatable recreational rides in the water Thursday.

It is the hope, that the water park rides will be able to open to the public when Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.

[Linked Image]
Click photos for more pictures!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Video: Corozal Water Park Opening Soon!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Ambitious New Waterpark For Corozal

p> And in other news, can Corozal Town become a tourist destination? Well, that's the goal of Marvin Humes, one of the owners of Maximum Waterpark. If you've visited the northern most town recently, you'd notice the giant attraction splayed across the Corozal Bay. Well, it also caught our attention, so we asked Humes how this idea came about and, more importantly, why they decided on a waterpark in the middle of a pandemic.

Marvin Humes, Co-owner, Maximum Waterpark
"I have a business partner and he was in another part of the US and he was overseeing something like this and he thought more or less how equal friendly that could be and how more or less the people in Belize can benefit from something like that and we are not going to have to jeopardize our ecosystem and be able to still entertainment to Belize and then together with me, I'll put some things like basketball court, volleyball court and I know the people would enjoy and that's how we came up with it. The concept of this waterpark is dependent upon all of Belize being a part of it, so we already have a bus of 40-seater leather seats, air-conditioning and we are planning to go pick people up from Belmopan, Orange Walk and different parts of Belize. We also had a meeting with BTIA and they loved the idea and they said that they are prepared also to send people here to Corozal so we can hopefully make Corozal the next tourism destination in Belize."

"I went to Health and environmental departments; they did a lot of rigorous things to make sure that those will be safe for the people and Corozal Town Council they also made sure that I am committed to have a 8 bathroom stall and a parking lot too, because they didn't want congestion to happen. They also didn't want me to have something so nice and when it comes to using the bathrooms that it would be something classy for the people. I had to invest in that and make sure that everything I did was by the books and everything I did was going to be for the benefit of the people. We are not going to open until the health department comes one more time and check to make sure that this is going to be safe for the people."

"I made a lot of strives when it comes to safety measures. We have industrial toilets in the bathroom, you don't even have to touch it, just get up and it will flush itself. We also have contamination machine which you will have to walk through it before entering the waterpark and this is what I believe is the biggest thing: this waterpark is a salt water, this is the biggest natural disinfectant known to man and there are already not too many measures against people - there could be 30-40 people, they really don't have a stipulation on salt water, but I'm still going to adhere to the things on land."

This project has been in the works for about two years, according to Humes. He also said that the only thing holding them back from opening the park is the need to train lifeguards.

Channel 7

Last edited by Jester; 01/17/21 07:09 PM.
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
We are committed to offering a world class service therefore we have dismantled the water park for maintenance and cleaning as we shall continue to do during our tenure. Thank you for your concerns !! The next time we install the water park will be for the grand opening after lockdown lifts.

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize Port Authority Notice to Mariners

Please be advised that as of Daturday, April 3rd, 2021 MAXIMUM WATER PARK will commence operations at 18˚23'35.91˝N, 088˚22'48.17˝W located at 1st Street, Rainbow Park Area, Corozal Town, Corozal.

The waterborne activities will be conducted daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

"Mariners are advised to navigate with extreme caution when in this area. They are to proceed at a safe speed, maintain a lookout and take additional precautions when transiting this area. All vessels operating in this area must make a clear minimum distance of 100 feet from the waterpark."

For any concerns or additional information, please contact the
Belize Port Authority at:
Tel: 222-5666
Email: [email protected]
By Order: Ports Commissioner

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Maximum Waterpark, Corozal's Answer To the Cayes

Corozalenos have observed for months as a new and interesting attraction is being constructed right on their bay. We shed some light on it back in January, and now, almost three months later, the Maximum Waterpark - as it is named - will soon be opened for business just in time for Easter.

But before the crowds arrive, our news team took a trip up north to learn how the park would operate while following COVID 19 restrictions. Courtney Menzies has this story.

It may not look quite ready yet, but by Saturday Belize's first water park will be opened for business. The owners are hoping that it will be a new recreational outlet for those who can't get to a beach. This one-of-a-kind attraction puts you on the waterfront right in the Corozal Bay - but it's not all that Maximum Water Park has to offer.

Marvin Humes - Owner, Maximum Waterpark
"We have well rounded combination of things for the people. We got the volleyball court, we got the slide that's still kinda difficult to put on the water because Corozal does not have a crane. A lot of activities is out there on the water, we have a mechanical bull for the night-time scene, we have an upstairs eating area. We have gazebos, let's say it's gonna be packed and people want a little bit more privacy, we also have gazebos. But everything that we have we gonna make sure that it's all under social distancing."

And social distancing isn't the only protocol that will be in place in fact, during our visit to the waterpark, health officials stopped by to ensure every regulation would be adhered to.

Marvin Humes
"I've had to go through some rigorous health you were here when the Health Department just left. They expect me to have distancing between how much space I have for people to come in. You gotta get your forehead checked before you come in here, you gotta rinse your hands before you used this, we got markers that make people have distance, only ten people we can have on the waterpark at a time. Literally they critiqued everything I have here to make sure if they allow me to do it, it's gonna be done in a responsible way and I plan to meet those standards."

And it was a frenzy today as the workers scrambled to put together the finishing touches on automated bathrooms, setting up the waterpark, and prepping the bar and kitchen. That's because Humes is adamant about opening in time for the Easter holidays.

Marvin Humes
"Easter is very special time for Belizeans, this is something we love, and this being a salt water park type structure so this of all things that people can still have fun with without jeopardizing their health. So I just wanted to give the people, because they're gonna be swimming in the water regardless, it's just something we do for Easter, so I thought if we can get the waterpark up and running for Easter then we can still try to find some kind of breathing during this time of COVID 19."

Humes anticipates a crowd for their grand opening, so he told us how the management plans to control it including a time limit on the waterpark.

Marvin Humes
"You enter to the side area after you get checked, your temperature checked, you go to the ticket booth, you buy a ticket, they'll give you a life vest and every hour and a half you have a session, 30 minutes later then you have another session. But this is very very physical activity so a lot of people I believe aren't going to see that hour and a half."

In addition, after your waterpark session ends, unless you are buying food or drinks, you'll be expected to leave the beach area.

Despite all these restrictions, Humes is proud to be bringing this one of a kind attraction to Corozal's tiny town and he said there was no better place to put it..

Marvin Humes
"This thing couldn't really be done in too much other places because when the tide is rough, it's not gonna be that fun for the people. Because Corozal is a bay it is a perfect destination. And who all has visited Corozal in the past know what a safe and family friendly destination it is so we chose Corozal to build on that same premises."

According to Humes, as long as the sun is out, the waterpark will be opened 7 days a week.

Today the Belize Port Authority issued a notice to mariners that the waterpark will be conducting waterborne activities, and they are asked to navigate with extreme caution in this area. All vessels transiting the vicinity must remain at minimum 100 feet away from the structure.

Channel 7

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.