Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Great article on fishing with El Pescador...

[Linked Image]

Our friend Ali Flota from El Pescador on Ambergris Caye in Belize reports that they had an excellent reopening week after the Belize government opened the international airport on October 1. She says that the travel felt very safe, with lots of masks and social distancing, and it felt incredible to feel her toes in the sand, feel the warm tropical breeze, and most importantly, welcome anglers back to flats-fishing paradise. The very first angler to arrive, Ken Z, went out and caught a beauty of a permit on a light brown Mantis Shrimp pattern.

Photographer Jess McGlothlin was there to document the first groups of anglers to hop into pangas and head off in search of bonefish, permit, and tarpon. Hopefully, these fish and the smiles they elicit are a sign of many more to come this season.

Click here to read the rest of the article on Orvis.com

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Photos and Story: 3 Days on the Flats of Belize

Last week, I returned from my third visit to El Pescador Lodge in northern Belize. Obviously this trip was under different circumstances than my previous ones, so I had to take additional precautions to get there: I was extremely careful for two weeks before, took a COVID test within 72-hours of my arrival in Belize, and took extra care while traveling. The knowledge that a well-rested fishery and eager guides awaited me and my friends made all these preparations worth it.

When we arrived at El Pescador, we were greeted by the smiling faces of the staff, all behind masks of course. After we settled in, we quickly headed out into the lagoon behind the lodge to do some do-it-yourself fishing before dinner. We didn't have any luck that evening, but we did see some bonefish, which only increased the excitement for the three days to come.

Click here to read the rest of the article by Seth Berger, Orvis Fly Fishing Travel on the Orvis.com website

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Pro Tips: Keys to a Successful First Bonefish Trip

Anyone who reads fly-fishing magazines and websites knows that the bonefish is one of the real prestige species for saltwater anglers, but, despite the fact that I edited one of those magazines, I'd never even seen a bonefish in person until I was in my 30s. My whole fly-fishing life had been spent chasing trout and salmon. Aside from a few trips for striped bass in the Northeast, I hadn't focused on fishing the salt at all. Finally, I figured it was time I remedied that situation, so I started to look into making my first tropical saltwater excursion.

Everyone I talked to agreed that Belize is the place to go if your main goal is simply catching a few bones. There aren't a lot of trophies down there, but there are so many fish that you're almost guaranteed to get tons of opportunities to hook up-weather permitting, of course. I headed south for a few days at El Pescador on Ambergris Caye.

On my first night in Belize, I sat around with the other anglers staying at the lodge, many of whom had a lot of experience with bonefish, and I tried to ask as many questions as I could about what I should expect. They gave me some pointers, explained to me the many pitfalls to be avoided, and assured me that I would do fine. As it turned out, they were right, and I did catch my first bonefish the next day.

Click here to read the rest of the article on Orvis.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.