Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#546035 11/05/20 07:30 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I just want to make sure my understanding is correct. Visitors to Belize are required to have a PCR test either before coming or on arrival and we are required to stay at a Gold Standard resort. Am I right that beyond that we are just expected to use our best judgment, socially distance and wear a mask?

In particular I want to take the ferry over rather than the plane. My opinion is that it is safer. And I want to be able to wander around, although I expect I will be spending most of my time outdoors.

Thanks!

You no longer need to stay at a Gold Standard property. When you download and fill in the Belize health app just select a nearby gold standard property that is close to where you will be staying. You are expected to follow all covid19 health and safety protocols including physical and social distancing, good hand sanitation, (NOT) wearing a mask at all times that you are not in your room with your family household members only. Wearing a mask is punishable by apprehension and a fine of up to $5,000.

Last edited by Amanda Syme; 11/06/20 06:44 PM. Reason: missing integral word!
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
You no longer need to stay at a Gold Standard property. When you download and fill in the Belize health app just select a nearby gold standard property that is close to where you will be staying. You are expected to follow all covid19 health and safety protocols including physical and social distancing, good hand sanitation, wearing a mask at all times that you are not in your room with your family household members only. Wearing a mask is punishable by apprehension and a fine of up to $5,000.

I trust you accidently left out the word "not" before "wearing a mask!" I was not aware that I could stay anywhere. It seems obvious to me that an apartment or Airbnb would be safer than any hotel. Not sure where I will stay, though.

Yes absolutely I meant if you are not wearing a mask you will get a fine. The gold standard certified properties have staff that have undergone specific additional training in hygiene and sanitation and these properties must meet heightened protocols to protect guests and staff. I would certainly highly recommend that you choose a gold standard certified property. If you do happen to fall ill they have training in how to handle such events.

My good friend Short has let me know that my advice is not sound. And although I know what you should and should not do, I also know what you need to do to make the system work. So, please be sure to seek up to date advice prior to making your decisions. So much is changing daily so there is a lot to weigh in on constantly.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.