Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
There is a new minister of Home Affairs; that's Kareem Musa from Caribbean Shores. So what does this mean for Commissioner Chester Williams? The ComPol told News Five today that he worked his way up to the ranks and does not have any political affiliation.

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police

"There is indeed a new government that has been elected by the people and we do live in a democratic nation where we have an election process. And yes, we will have a new minister of either police or national security-however the prime minister may decide to do it. And whoever is the minister is the prerogative of the prime minister. As the Commissioner of Police, may I make it clear that I am not a political appointee. I do not believe that my ascension to the Police of Commissioner of Police had nothing to do with my political affiliation. As a police officer I try my utmost best to be a professional and I am sure that if my appointment were to be political, I would not be the Commissioner of Police currently. And so I anticipate that I am going to continue as the commissioner; I am prepared and will continue to serve the people of Belize to the best of my ability under whichever administration because I took an oath of office to be fair and impartial and to serve the people of this country."

Channel 5

Our COMPOL has done an amazing job under the challenging circumstances of the past year and I truly hope that he will remain in his position. He is a man of integrity and compassion and he is highly educated and a good leader.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.