Statutory Instrument No. 170 of 2020 takes effect today, November 28, 2020.
Kindly find the below link to the Quarantine (Prevention of the Spread of Infectious Disease) (COVID-19) Regulations, 2020 CLICK HERE
The Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations asks tourism stakeholders to take note of the most recent Quarantine Regulations (SI 170 of 2020) by the Minister of Health and Wellness, that goes into effect as of today, November 28, 2020. In summary, the key requirements affecting our industry are:
1) Curfew will now be from 10 p.m. until 4:59 a.m.
2) All Foreign Tourists are required to reserve or book their stay at an approved Gold Standard hotel or tourist accommodation only.
3) All Foreign Tourists are required to download and register their information on the Belize Travel Health App prior to arrival or upon arrival to Belize, they shall maintain the app functional throughout their stay in Belize, and are required to keep their mobile device with them at all times.
4) Transportation of Foreign Tourists should be done only by authorised means of transportation by the Belize Tourism Board.
5) Restaurants that can provide open air, outdoor or al fresco dining may offer dining-in services, by reservation only, for no more than 50% of its seating capacity. All other licensed restaurants are to offer take out, delivery or drive through services only.
6) No more than 10 persons shall be gathered in a public place or public space at a time.
7) All persons entering and remaining in a business establishment shall wear a face mask or other face covering, and adhere to social distancing measures, with some exceptions.
8.) All bars, rum shops, discotheques, night clubs, gymnasiums, casinos and gaming establishments are to remain closed.
9) Spas shall remain open and receive clientele by appointment only, and with only two customers within the business establishment at a time if the square footage allows for social distancing.
10) All land and sea port entry into and exist out of Belize shall remain closed, with some exceptions.
=============A MESSAGE FROM COMPOL WILLIAMS
Good morning my fellow Belizeans, as of midnight tonight Regulation 170/2020 shall come into force. Below is a breakdown of what is and what is not permissible under the new Covid19 regulation.
Curfew will be in effect from 10pm to 4:59am the following morning. Security personnel, essential and Frontline workers and other essential workers in possession of a pass issued by the Minister of Home Affairs, will be allowed to move around during curfew hours providing they are doing so within the scope of their duties.
Wearing of mask or other mouth and nose covering is a must in every public place and space. Children under the age of 6 years are exempted from wearing mask. Likewise you are not required to wear a mask in the privacy of your home, if driving in your vehicle alone or with persons from your immediate household.
Business establishment are not to allow no one on their establishment unless they wear a mask or other mouth or nose covering.
Social distancing of six feet or more must be maintained.
There is no requirement to maintain social distancing in the privacy of your home.
Business establishment are to ensure that persons who enter their establishment practice social distancing.
Person engaging in any approved sporting activity are not required to practice social distancing.
The following none contact sporting activities are allowed- Volleyball, tennis, table tennis and Golf.
The following establishments are to remain closed- bars, rum shops, discotheques, casinos, game shops night clubs and gymnasiums.
Restaurants, dinners, saloons and street food venders are to open for takeout and drive through only.
However, restaurant that are open air can open for dinning in service on appointments and can only host up to 50% of its capacity.
Barber shops, spas, and beauty salons can operate on appointments.
Exercise by running, walking and cycling are allowed; however, social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained and cyclists must be in single file.
No person shall host or attend a private party which includes any person from
outside of the immediate household; a recreational or competitive sporting event; a wedding which hosts more than ten persons other than the bride, bridegroom, official witnesses and the marriage officer; a banquet, ball or reception; any social event; a funeral, except ten members of the immediate family and at least one officiant and essential mortuary staff; a meeting of a fraternal society, private or social club or civic association or organization; or a church service or other service of worship which hosts more than ten persons other than the person officiating the service and two auxiliary personnel.
The Belize Police Department is asking that we all adhere to these protocols in order to protect ourselves from this deadly Covid19 virus. We have lost a number of our citizens to this virus and a number of us are infected. We are the carriers as such the only way we can slow down its spread is for us to act more responsible by adhering to the protocols.
It is important for everyone to abide by these protocols because they see it as the right thing to do in order to protect themselves and not for fearing arrest by the police.
Together let us do our best to protect our children, elderly and most vulnerable population from jaws of this deadly virus.