Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Recently elected Area Representative of Belize Rural South, Mr. Andre Perez of the People's United Party, has been appointed the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the NEW Ministry of Blue Economy. Members of his constituency were expecting his appointment as Minister of Tourism, but the Blue Economy Ministry as much ties with tourism, environment and economy. People are positive that the new ministry will be very beneficial to Mr. Perez's constituency and the country of Belize.

Blue Economy underpins the thinking behind the Commonwealth Blue Charter, highlighting in particular the close linkages between the ocean, climate change, and the wellbeing of the people of the Commonwealth. At its heart, it reaffirms the values of the Commonwealth, including equity and public participation in marine and coastal decision-making. It supports all of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially SDG14 'life below water', and recognizes that this will require ambitious, co-ordinated actions to sustainably manage, protect and preserve our ocean now, for the sake of present and future generations.

[Linked Image]

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Hon. Andre Perez, sworn in as Minister of Blue Economy and Civil Aviation this morning. His message to BRS and Belize.

"To our beautiful people of BRS and to the nation, I extend my sincere gratitude. I'm excited for my new endeavors and ready to take the plunge into the Blue Economy and Civil Aviation. We have a historic opportunity for all of us to become pioneers with the newly created, exciting ministry !"

" I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward." -- Nelson Mandela

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize has a Blue Economy Ministry; where did it emerge from, and what is it about?

Blue Economy is an emerging concept encouraging better stewardship of the sea/ocean or blue resources. This economy strategy was created by the Commonwealth, an association of 54 countries, of which Belize is a member. It is part of the idea behind the Commonwealth Blue Charter that highlights the close linkages between the sea, climate change, and the well-being of the people among the Commonwealth nations.

This charter is an agreement by all Commonwealth nations to actively cooperate to solve ocean/sea-related problems and meet commitments for sustainable marine areas' development. The Blue Charter within the Blue Economy spectrum is designed to help Commonwealth countries work together on a fair, inclusive, and sustainable approach, all intending to protect the sea and develop an economic sector. This project also aims to work through a set of Action Groups, with each devoted to a particular ocean issue. A total of 14 countries have stepped forward to participate and champion ten topics. These include:

- Commonwealth Clean Ocean Alliance
- Coral Reef Protection and Restoration
- Mangrove Ecosystems and Livelihoods
- Marine Protected Areas
- Ocean Acidification
- Ocean and Climate Change
- Ocean Observation
- Sustainable Aquaculture
- Sustainable Blue Economy
- Sustainable Coastal Fisheries

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The New and Innovative Blue Economy:
A discussion with Hon. Andre Perez - Minister of Blue Economy & Civil Aviation

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.