Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

They are American tourists who gave their profession as writers and they will sure have something to write home about after they were arrested on New Year's Day.

On January first, the trio of 52 year old Jennifer Heckman, along with 54 year old Jeffery Heckman, and 58 year old Jeffery Garcea, were on Sea Grape Drive in San Pedro when police caught the trio without face masks. They were charged for failure to wear a face mask or other face clothing.

The trio appeared in Belize City Magistrate's Court this morning before Senior Magistrate Aretha Ford.

They pleaded guilty and were fined the mandatory $500 dollars for any quarantine offence.

They were ordered to pay the fine forthwith or in default serve 5 months in prison. By 12 noon, the trio was able to pay their fine and they were free to go.

They all gave their profession as writers, or writer - slash - construction worker.

Channel 7

Curious about how incoming tourists are informed of the laws so that they can comply?

Coming down for my usual time in February this year just wondering if we have to wear masks while on our golf cart or at a restraunt ? Not a lot of info out there I can find on that . Any info greatly appreciated

driving alone in a golf cart doesn't require a mask - technically you can drive in a cart with members of your immediate household without a mask - BUT people have been cited for doing so and I wouldn't chance it. When eating in a restaurant you don't need a mask but are expected to social distance and put it back on when done.
You can read the entire SI online - probably better to do that than count on random interpretations from us boarders.

Where can I find it online ?

It's going to be a brutal tourist season down there. At least the traffic shouldn't be nearly as bad.

You can find the SI online on the Government of Belize Press Office Facebook page.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.