Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The new Miss Universe Belize will be crowned on Saturday at three p.m. during a live virtual event right here on Channel Five. Like so many other traditions during the pandemic, the selection process had to be modified. Instead of a pageant, fifteen hopefuls applied via a casting call held in November 2020. And now the new beauty ambassador will be revealed on Saturday. The new Miss Universe Belize will succeed outgoing queen Destinee Arnold.

Destinee Arnold's Farewell as Miss Universe Belize
The new Miss Universe Belize will be crowned on Saturday at three p.m. during a live virtual event right here on Channel Five. Like so many other traditions during the pandemic, the selection process had to be modified. Instead of a pageant, fifteen hopefuls applied via a casting call held in November 2020. And now the new beauty ambassador will be revealed on Saturday. The new Miss Universe Belize will succeed outgoing queen Destinee Arnold.

Miss Universe Belize 2019-2020 Flashback

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Mis Universe Belize Reveal LIVE!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Sampedrana Iris Salguero To Represent Belize At Miss Universe Pageant

The new Miss Universe Belize 2020/2021 is 24 year old Iris Salguero from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Iris Salguero grew up in Ambergris Caye in Belize. As one of twelve siblings, Iris learned the importance of being patient and how to be a team player at a very young age. In High School, she had to finance her own education and was proud to graduate as Salutatorian.

Salguero plans to obtain her bachelor's degree in digital marketing and will eventually open a trade school in her community called "Brighter Future". In the meantime, Iris is working as a brand ambassador and model for local businesses owned by female entrepreneurs. Her mission is to empower the young women in Belize to overcome hardship and accomplish their dreams.

For two years, she was part of S.H.I.N.E, an organization dedicated to building healthy self-esteem for girls ages 12-18. As a survivor of an abusive relationship, she is fighting to end violence against women and to be a voice for those who suffer in silence. This "Island girl" is passionate about the environment and has participated in several clean up campaigns to spread awareness on the importance of protecting the natural resources in her country. Having own the title of Miss San Pedro 2015, Iris has proudly represented Belize at three different international pageants (including Miss World and Miss America Latina del Mundo) and cannot wait to grace the Miss Universe stage.

Photographer : @ernizzle4shizzle .
Makeup : @vanessa_edwardsmua

IRIS SALGUERO IS NEW MISS UNIVERSE BELIZE 2020

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Photos from the Miss Universe Belize 2020/2021 reveal press conference

[Linked Image]
Click photos for more pictures!

Miss Universe 2020/21 - (Belize - Iris Salguero)
The new Miss Universe Belize 2020/2021 is 24 year old Iris Salguero from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Iris Salguero grew up in Ambergris Caye in Belize. As one of twelve siblings, Iris learned the importance of being patient and how to be a team player at a very young age. In High School, she had to finance her own education and was proud to graduate as Salutatorian.

==================

[Linked Image]

Island beauty Iris Salguero will represent Belize at Miss Universe pageant

The island girl wearing the Miss Universe Belize crown has made the island shine again in the world of beauty pageants. Ambergris Caye has prided itself in producing excellent candidates in all types of disciplines, from sports to beauty ambassadors. Salguero thanks everyone who has supported her thus far. "This journey is not possible without you, and I know I can count on all of you to help me carry Belize in my heart wherever I go," she wrote to her supporters.

Salguero's story features the challenges faced at an earlier age, financing her own secondary school education and graduating as Salutatorian (2nd in her class). She now plans to earn a bachelor's degree in digital marketing and hopes to open a trade school called 'Brighter Future.' Salguero dedicated two years at the SHINE, an organization helping girls ages 12-18 build self-esteem. As a survivor of an abusive relationship herself, one of her goals is to end violence against women and be the voice of those suffering in silence. She is determined to empower young Belizean women and overcome hardship and accomplish their dreams. In 2015, Salguero was crowned Miss San Pedro, and then went on to represent Belize in the 2016 Miss World Pageant. She also represented the country as Miss Earth in 2017 and Miss America Latina del Mundo in 2018.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

===================

Is Miss Universe Ready For The World?

She's the New Miss Universe Belize, and even in a time of austerity Iris Salguero has begun her quest, her very expensive quest for the Miss Universe Crown.

But in the midst of a pandemic will Belizeans support her dream, one that many have already stamped as purely frivolous?

And upon her ascension, Cherisse Halsall took a look at the journey of the last three Queens and what their efforts have done or failed to do for Belize. Here's that story.

The Miss Universe Pageant is expected to take place in April, several countries licensed to participate, such as Germany have abstained from sending representatives this year.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Iris Salguero is New Miss Universe Belize

Iris Salguero is the new Miss Universe Belize. The latest beauty ambassador was chosen via a virtual casting call that included several rounds of interviews with a local and international panel of judges. The crowning took place live on Channel Five, and News Five's Duane Moody files this report.�

Duane Moody, Reporting

Miss Universe Belize 2020 is twenty-four-year-old San Pedrana Iris Salguero. The announcement was made during a virtual broadcast from the Biltmore Plaza over the weekend. It was an overwhelming experience because even though she was chosen in early December, it had to be kept a secret until the official announcement was made.

Iris Salguero, Miss Universe Belize 2020

"My mind is racing. As I was telling you, no one back home knows. It was a secret that was very difficult to keep; not even my parents knew. And I am just excited to see the response of the people, and I ask all Belizeans for their love and support because, as I said in my speech, it makes a difference."

The selection process was different this time around. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a casting call for which fifteen persons applied was held. And after several rounds of interviews, Salguero was selected to take over from 2019 ' s Destinee Arnold. Romeo Escobar is Director of the Miss Universe Belize Organization.

Romeo Escobar, Director, Miss Universe Belize Organization

"It was a lengthy process that started on November first. Fifteen girls applied, and then the committee reviewed other applications, and we narrowed it down to a top eight. These persons went on to interview with the Miss Universe Belize organization and the reigning queen, Destinee Arnold. After that, we narrowed it down to a top-four; those lucky four went on to an interview with an international panel of judges."

Iris Salguero

"My experience has helped me to grow into my confidence, into my empowerment. I was a child that was bullied in school, and it made me very insecure, and I was a tomboy because of it. I used to hide my body because I was bullied for being thin and tall. 2015 was a year of lessons for me; a lot of wins and losses, but it made me just fall in love with all of those imperfections that society tends to label. So I think that my biggest strength is my confidence and remembering my roots, my humility and just representing my people because Belize is a melting pot of cultures; there is a lot to represent, so heavy is the crown, but I am sure that I can do it."

Salguero is no stranger to the pageant industry, representing the Jewel in several international pageants, including Miss World back in 2016 and Miss Earth in 2017. So, with a date for the international pageant still outstanding but rumored to be held sometime in late April or early May, Salguero and her team have already hit the ground running.
Iris Salguero

"Even though I have experience, there is always room for improvement. That goes down to training with my walk, perfecting it with my trainer Rafael Pimentel; I am grateful for him. He is really experienced. With my speech coach, fine-tuning my answers, my contract, to my bio for Miss Universe, but we are training very hard. And it requires some late nights and early mornings, but it ' s not about the glitz and glamour. It ' s about the higher purpose and platform that I want to achieve with Miss Universe."

Channel 5

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The New Miss Universe Belize 2020 -2021

Meet Iris Salguero

Pageant Talks w/ Iris Salguero, Miss Universe Belize 2020

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Our queen on Open Your Eyes thank you for the positive interview

Iris Salguero on being Crowned Miss Belize Universe 2020-2021:

"I am honored and humbled to have this opportunity. It has been my ultimate goal since starting my pageant journey. I am looking forward to the challenges, because to me it's so much more than just a crown and sash. It's about the platform I am being given, to raise my voice on issues that are relevant in my country and making a change.

My main message for my platform is woman empowerment and raising awareness against domestic violence. I myself am a survivor of an abusive relationship, and it is a topic that I feel is often not given the importance it deserves. I want to bring it to the light and be a voice for the women who suffer in silence. The only way we can start to combat this issue is by first acknowledging how frequent it occurs in our community and by removing the stigma behind being a victim."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Miss Universe Belize gave an interview this Morning on "The Morning Show" on Love Fm

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Miss Universe Belize 2021 Iris Salguero on The Natasha Stuart Podcast

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Miss Universe Belize - Candid Talk with Iris Salguero and Mervin Budram
This episode is an exclusive Candid Interview with Mervin Budram - MD and Iris Salguero as we get to know more about who she is and her journey to becoming Miss Universe Belize 2020/2021

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.