Ministry of Youth, Sports & E-Governance Announces Formation of National E-Governance Task Force
The Ministry of Youth, Sports & E-Governance, aiming to increase the portfolio of efficient and cost-effective public services to citizens, announces the establishment of a National E-Governance Task Force.
The Task Force will serve in a planning and oversight role, responsible for developing the e-governance roadmaps, identifying challenges affecting implementation, and providing advice to facilitate implementation. The Task Force is delegated to develop, advise and champion the e-governance agenda. Additionally, it will focus on prioritizing service delivery improvement to citizens, reducing constraints for business growth and productivity, strengthening the state's capacity to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency of the government’s institutions, and promoting the interoperability of information management systems in the public sector.
The National E-Governance Task Force members are from key government entities and other institutions within the private sector. The Task Force is comprised of nine appointed regular members and co-chaired by Mr. Jose Urbina (public sector) and Mr. Juan Carlos Namis (private sector):
● Mr. Jose Urbina - Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Youth, Sports & E-Governance, Co-Chair
● Mr. Juan Carlos Namis – Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Specialist, Private Sector, Co-Chair
● Ms. Alexia Peralta - Project Coordinator, Office of the Prime Minister, Secretary
● Dr. Osmond Martinez - Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Public Service, Constitutional and Political Reform, Member
● Mr. Valentino Shal - Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Rural Transformation, Community Development, Local Government and Labour, Member
● Mr. Ian Courtenay - Office of the Prime Minister, Member
● Mr. Aaron Briceño - ICT Specialist, Private Sector, Member
● Dr. Geraldo Flowers - Change Management, Project Management, Member
● Ms. Diane Castillo-Trejo - Acting Director Statistical Institute of Belize, Member
The successful implementation of e-governance will allow for greater government transparency, the inclusion of citizens, and improved access to public services.