Hector Silva:

ARE WE LOOKING FOR NEW INDUSTRIES ? -WHY NOT REVIVE OUR TRADITIONAL INDUSTRIES ? - - WHY NOT SUPPORT OUR EXISTING INDUSTRIES, which need a boost ?

LET US START WITH OUR EXISTING INDUSTRIES.

SUGAR. - We now have two large Sugar Factories. - - Has any effort been made to value add on this raw material ?-

Egs, A Confectionary (sweets) Factory, adding exotic flavors ( Mint Cardomom, Vanella, Ginger, - ( these have a big market in the Arab World. )

BANANA, -With the waste Banana many bye products can be made such as ; Banana Flour, Banana Food Pellets, Vinegar, Banana Bread for the export market, ( Zacapa Guatemala exports a lot )

CITRUS was once he largest Industry in Belize, employing hundreds of men and women.- Why did it decline ? Could not a regeneration taken place ? - - - - ( bear in mind that Florida Orchards will always freeze. )

SEA FOODS and FISH FARMING. - - Why has this potential industry been set aside ? - ( again a big employer. )

PAPAYA, PINE APPLE, MANGO, SOUR SOP, and AVOCADO, - These have a great market right in New Orleans, ( I mean big prices. )

NOW THE EXOTIC.

COCOA which is now being successfully produced in Toledo,nWhy not expand in this crop.

CARDOMOM beans which I have heard is now produced in Toledo and sold to Guatemala, for their RICH EXPORT to the Arab World.

VANELLA ACHOTE, SPICE SEED which grow well, in many areas of Belize.

BT MY FAVORITE ONE IS, THE COHUNE INDUSTRY, which yield three great products.

ELECTRICITY from is rock hard shell.- Better than the Cane Bagash.

OIL FROM the nuts, Cooking, Soap manufacturing, cosmetics, and medicine,

REMAINING BAGASH from the nut, ENRICHED FOOD PELLETS to raise pigs and poultry,

Cohune Trees needs no expensive cultivation. - No irrigation or fertilizer,- Under every tree, right now, there are hundreds of seedlings ready to transplant near bye.

THESE ARE INDUSTRIES WITH NO KNOWN CONTROVERSY AND WHICH KEPT BRITISH HONDURAS AND THE BELIZE ECONOMY STRONG FOR GENERATIONS GONE.