[Linked Image]

Great Food in a Lovely Secret Garden Hideaway in Busy San Pedro

Jeff and I both loved our lunch at GypsyRestaurant & Cocktail Bartique - a new restaurant by a seasoned Belize-restaurant professional. The atmosphere was great - the food was even better and I LOVE the idea of a co-op.

Tucked in a small secret garden, just feet from the busy road, is a secret garden restaurant called Gypsy Restaurant and Cocktail Bartique. A busy road…a bright pink door and you step thru the building into a secret garden. Shaded with a large almond tree and set on an offshoot of the lagoon. My friend Eryn has worked on Ambergris Caye for quite a few years now. With the popular Nook Restaurant in downtown San Pedro and now this new spot on the main road a few blocks south to the bridge.

I think the thing I was most smitten with – besides the Smoked Fish Dip and the Smoked Pork Sliders – two items that we keep talking about…and plotting to return for…was the whole idea behind the spot. Eryn was inspired by a “co-operative bar” in Toronto (she’s originally Canadian eh) where restaurant folks come together to hang out and…elevate the spot. And folks band together in tough times to help the community.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop