Please be informed that approval has been issued by Cabinet for the reopening of maritime borders for yachting tourism under the following conditions:
· The Port Authority Act makes it mandatory that a licensed shipping agent is needed to enter the vessel. Note that Shipping Agents with specialized licenses will be authorized to deal primarily with these non-commercial vessels. A set Tariff of no more than US$150 maximum is hereby approved for this service.
· The authorized maritime ports of entry are to be San Pedro, Belize City and Placencia.
· A 72-hours notice is required for entry [all sister agencies are to be informed immediately upon receipt of the NOA: Immigration, Public Health, Tourism, Customs, BAHA].
· All public health safety protocols related to Covid-19 remain in effect. [A negative Covid test is required to enter Belize. Crew/passengers must take a test before their arrival in Belize. A PCR test can be taken up to 72 hours prior to arrival and a Rapid Antigen test up to 48 hours prior to arrival].”
==========BELIZE’S MARITIME BORDERS NOW OPEN FOR YACHTING TOURISM
Belize has officially reopened its maritime borders for yachting tourism. The authorized maritime ports of entry will be San Pedro, Belize City and Placencia.
The reopening has been approved under the following conditions:
- A licensed shipping agent is required for the vessel to enter. Only shipping agents with special licenses are authorized to deal with these non-commercial vessels and are authorized to charge a set tariff of no more than US $150 for their service.
- Notice to enter must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- The yacht’s crew and passengers must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon entry. Both PCR (taken within 72 hours of arrival) and Rapid Antigen (taken within 48 hours of arrival) tests are accepted. Visit www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
for detailed health and safety protocols.
The Belize Port Authority, the regulatory agency for Belize’s maritime borders, is confident that yachting tourism can be carried out safely by following approved local and international health guidelines along with established boarding procedures and protocols.
Yachting tourism in Belize is a niche market with tremendous potential for further growth. COVID-19 has caused many families to rethink travel and yachting tourism allows for families to vacation safely within a “bubble”. Belize’s pristine waters and pleasant tropical climate offer the ideal setting for yachting vacations where visitors can enjoy fishing, snorkeling, diving and many other attractions safely.