[Linked Image]

and Barely Making a Dent

Last week, I was invited to go on an “off the beaten path” tour – not an organized tour exactly…more of a tasting journey inspired by recommendations, tried and true favorites and…just wandering about… Wandering about the largest (in my estimation) and GROWING neighborhood about one mile south of town between the mainland road…west to the lagoon. DFC. Let’s call the wander: “A Taste of DFC”.

Here’s the SUPER FUN thing. I was invited by a chef who moved to the island last year AND he is a writer and blogger. He is writing about this journey too – we are going to press publish at the same time. Here is a link to his post. We headed straight to Neri’s Tacos. They also have a stand/restaurant in town – and it’s an AMAZINGLY popular breakfast spot (it’s DEFINITELY featured in my book – the ONLY spot on the book’s map marked since it’s a bit tricky to find) and we try to go there every time we are in town before 11am.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop

==============

[Linked Image]

The Best Bites of San Pedro’s DFC

After seeking out the best eats of DFC, the working-class neighborhood of San Pedro, Belize, I believe I’ve been humbled thanks to a young lady from Honduras and the green bananas she cooked for us.

Recently we joined culinary forces with Rebecca Coutant, the force behind San Pedro Scoop, the most widely read and followed online magazine on this island, and Brad Reeder, recovering comic and restaurateur. Our goal was to spend a few hours enjoying the most intriguing bites of food in DFC and of course to write about it. DFC is a neighborhood south of San Pedro proper. It is not the area tourists typically visit, however, it is where Amy and I have found some of our favorite restaurants. When I proposed this idea to Rebecca she was all in.

Click here to read the rest of the article in Chef John Malik's Blog