Print Thread
National Census 2022 #548420
02/26/21 05:39 AM
02/26/21 05:39 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
National Census Must Wait until 2022

Like so many things postponed due to corona virus, the national census taken every ten years is being pushed back yet again. Originally rescheduled for 2021, the Statistical Institute of Belize now says they have opted to reschedule once more. So don’t expect house-to-house census takers coming to visit you, during the COVID-19 crisis.

Diana Trejo, Acting Director General, S.I.B.

“Government has looked once more at the situation at the start of this year and so it was decided to post-poned until May 2022 for several reasons. First and foremost, being the safety of our census workers and staff, as well as the respondents. As you know, census is a face-to-face type of activity and having people going from community to community and various households increases the risk of spreading the virus greatly. There is also the issue of response rate, within the context of a pandemic and a spreading virus – there is a strong likelihood that we may get some resistance from households to participating just for safety concerns of their own and we wouldn’t want to compromise the response rates of the census and then lastly the cost of course have to be factored in because conducting such an activity within this environment would involve a sizeable increase in what has been budgeted already in terms of safety equipment, increasing the size of staff to accommodate for drop-outs as persons may get exposed and need to be removed from the field and so on.”

Channel 5

Re: National Census 2022 [Re: Marty] #552414
09/01/21 11:48 AM
09/01/21 11:48 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

SIB’s Acting Director-General speaks about Census 2022

Good day, I am Diana Castillo-Trejo, Acting Director-General of the Statistical Institute of Belize.  It gives me great pleasure to inform you that the SIB will be conducting a Population and Housing Census in May 2022.  As you may be aware, the Census was postponed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Census is the largest statistical exercise undertaken by a country, and the participation of all residents is crucial to its success.  It is a key data source to inform policies, measure achievements and plan for the future.  For the 2022 Census, vital information will be collected about the population regarding employment, education, health, and poverty among other things.  This information will be essential, particularly in these times, as the COVID-19 pandemic has further emphasized the need for recent and reliable statistics for informed decision-making and policies.

Over the next few months, the SIB will be undertaking several activities in preparation for the Census.    Starting today, September 1st, we will be accepting applications for employment for the census through our online application form.  We encourage you to visit our website at www.sib.org.bz or contact us at [email protected] or 613-8188 for information on the various positions available for the Census.  This is your opportunity to serve your country by being a part of history while earning a competitive wage.

In closing, I would like to appeal to all residents of Belize to kindly participate in the Census when our interviewers visit your household or business establishment in May of next year.  Your involvement will be critical to the success of the 2022 Population and Housing Census!

The 2022 Population and Housing Census, Count Me In! Thank you.

Director General's message on the launch of the 2022 Population and Housing Census recruitment campaign

Be a part of Census 2022! The SIB is hiring field and office staff in your district. Apply Now!

Census Application Form Tutorial

Re: National Census 2022 [Re: Marty] #552492
09/05/21 05:07 AM
09/05/21 05:07 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
THE IMPORTANCE OF CENSUS TAKING

by Hector Silva

I understand that a population Census will be taken next year. It was not held in 2020, because of the Pandemic.

A census of the country's population should be of great importance in many ways.

It provides the number of people living in Belize, in order to arrive at a per capita Statistics.

It provides numbers to know how the population of Belize is distributed through out the nation, especially for election purposes..

It provides numbers to know, the balance between our male and female population. - Between our population in age brackets.

It provides numbers to know the Demographics of our citizens. ( ETHNIC COMPOSITION. )

And here I pause to make my comments.

HOW EFFECTIVE ARE CENSUS ? depends on how well trained are the enumerators.

( I remember when I was a teenager and a census was being conducted, the questions asked were not suited for all ages. So inaccurate information was gathered.

( I also remember one of the question posed, especially in many villages. " We will come tonight to see if there is any one dead." - - ( I'll tell you. - Many did not sleep home that night because of that question. )

Another observation. ETHNICITY.

Thousands of persons refuse, ashamed or reluctant to claim their ethnicity. - I have looked at some Census results and check the names I know, - They do not give their true ethnicity.

WHAT ABOUT THE MISSING ETHNIC GROUPS. I know of two ethnic groups which have not been well documented in past CENCUS and these are the HINDU and the MISQUITO decendents.

Not long ago, my friend John Mena of Esperanza and myself, decided to research the Misquito decendents in Belize, - We found out that this Misquito Ethnic group has been in numbers from the founding of British Honduras. In fact the Misquito decendents out number many of the mentioned Ethnic Groups like the Mennonites. ( The Misquito are wrongly classified as "WAIKA."

SIMILARLY the Hindu Decendants form a very large segment of our population. ( They are wrongly classified as ''COOLY.''

Let us see how our Cencus will look like, this time. IT IS TRUE THAT WE ARE ALL BELIZEANS, but we are not of the same Ethnic Groups. NO DESCRIMINATION just to put it right, " I am not a Russian nor an Eskimo. "

Re: National Census 2022 [Re: Marty] #553149
10/06/21 10:40 AM
10/06/21 10:40 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
LIVE: Census Recruitment

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do
Specials & Events
Calendar
SPTB Calendar of Events

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We handle all aspects of the purchase of your Real Estate in Belize. From in depth property searches to your final closing.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 80 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics77,626
Posts496,455
Members20,195
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.