The Ministry of Rural Transformation, Community Development, Labour and Local Government is pleased to announce the appointment of three new government representatives on the Labour Advisory Board.
The representatives are:
• Mr. Marcel Cardona Cervantes, Attorney-at-law, Chairperson of the Board
• Mr. Wilfredo Galvez, Labour Economist, Deputy Chairperson of the Board
• Ret’d General Cedric Borland, Member of the Board
The employers’ and workers’ representatives on the Labour Advisory Board are:
• Mrs. Kim Aikman, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Mrs. Claudette El Ters, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Ms. Yorshabell Cattouse, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Ms. Sharon Fraser, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
• Mr. Marvin Mora, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
• Mr. Russel Young, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
Section 20 of the Labour Act, Chapter 297 of the Laws of Belize Revised Edition 2011 states that the board shall study and make recommendations to the Minister of Labour on all matters affecting workers.
The Ministry looks forward to the contributions of the Labour Advisory Board, as the Ministry collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure that employees and employers are always protected.