Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 25 - Is There Limited Talent in Belize? / Don't Bring Sand to the Beach!, FEBRUARY 15, 2021

Prime Minister Briceno found his foot in his mouth when he tried to defend nepotism by suggesting there is a talent shortage in Belize. Plus, what was an American tourist thinking when he tried to bring 1.5kg of weed into Belize? Dude, shop local!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 26 - Disrespect for Dr. Manza / The First 100 Days of the PUP Government, FEBRUARY 22, 2021

Director of Health Services Dr. Marvin Manzanero may of won the hearts of minds of most Belizeans during the first 7 months of the pandemic, but it appears he has become persona non grata with his new boss. Plus, my two cents on how the new government has performed during their first 100 days.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 27 - "I Don't Recall" / A New Low in the Dr. Manza Debacle, MARCH 1, 2021

"I don't recall". Those three little words that witnesses just love to utter at every commission of inquiry in Belize. Who is Zhourong Li, how did he acquire so much government land, and what does that have to do with Hugo Patt's government vehicle?

Plus, a new low in the war against Dr. Manzanero as the good doctor gets investigated for misconduct contributing to the deaths of Covid-19 patients 6-months before they ever got infected!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 28 - What Was Dr. Manza's &...l Election Results Mean for Both Parties, MARCH 8, 2021

The Ministry of Health and Wellness has gone nuclear in their war on Dr. Manzanero. My two cents about what is really going on and why Dr. Manza being punished for abiding by WHO guidelines standing up to Big Pharma! Plus what the results of the municipal elections mean for both major parties and their leaders.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 29 - The Unions vs. GOB... Let's Get Ready to Rumble!, MARCH 15, 2021

GOB is facing a massive budget deficit and the PM is asking teachers and public workers to make up the $80M shortfall by accepting wage reductions or face job cuts. My two cents on how the unions can leverage this situation to force GOB to implement some meaningful reforms that might help prevent a future financial crisis from happening again.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 30 - Why the Sudden Rush to Re-open Schools? / The Costly Case of the Customs Comptroller., MARCH 29, 2021

Seemingly without warning the Ministry of Education has announced that schools will re-open for face to face learning on April 12. But is this really just a move by GOB to prepare for a battle with teachers over proposed salary cuts?

Plus, four very expensive lawyers are fighting over who gets to be the next Comptroller of Customs. Why would both parties spend so much for a promotion that results in a rather modest increase in salary?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 31 - Could Labour Troubles Lead to Devaluation? / I Got Vaccinated and You Should Too!, MAY 3, 2021

The latest tactic from GOB in their propaganda war with the unions is to suggest that refusing a 10% pay cut could result a devaluation of the Belize dollar. My two cents on why that would never happen.

Plus, I got vaccinated against Covid-19! I'll tell you about my experience with side effects and explain why you need to join the 42,000 other Belizeans who have received their first jab.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 32 - Why Jasmine Hartin Will Get Bail / Patrick Faber Should Resign!

One of Belize's top cops is dead and the accused killer is a wealthy and well connected socialite. My two cents on why Jasmine Hartin will likely never see the inside of a prison cell ever again, once she gets bail. Plus, after the latest domestic violence situation involving Patrick Faber it's time for the UDP leader to step down.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 33 - Jasmine Hartin and the International Media Circus. With Special Guest Cherisse Halsall!

Jasmine Hartin may be free on bail, but that's definitely not the end of the story. Not in Belize, and certainly not in the United Kingdom. 7 News reporter, Cherisse Halsall has been at the centre of the media storm for the past two weeks and she shares her own two cents on what it's been like covering one of the most sensational stories in Belize's history. Plus, whether or not justice will be served for Henry Jemmott.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Episode 34 - Jasmine Lowe & Faye Lin Cannon: Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!

It's been 9 years since 13-year old Jasmine Lowe was murdered. Her accused killer has yet to be brought to trial. Meanwhile, it's been 4 years since another 13-year old, Faye Lin Cannon, was found dead in her bedroom in San Pedro. Faye Lin's mother was charged in connection with her death, yet for unexplained reasons she remains free on bail as her case gets continually adjourned.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.