Visiting Belize is as Easy as 1-2-3!
Thank you for choosing Belize as your vacation destination — we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country! Belize has implemented enhanced health and safety protocols for your wellbeing and to ensure that you'll enjoy your vacation. Simply follow these three easy steps:
(1) Plan your Visit
For ease of processing, we encourage you to download and complete the Belize Health App within 72 hours of arrival. You are required to complete the Customs and Immigration Form that is provided to you on your flight to Belize. International Tourists* must book a stay at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation at immigration. *does not include QRPs, Belizeans & permanent residents, foreign homeowners, long-stay non-nationals, VFRs (visiting friends and relatives)
(2) On Arrival
Belize is now accepting proof of full COVID-19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival. OR Negative COVID-19 PCR TEST taken within 96 hours of travel. OR Negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen. Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT (Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel. * Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; However, children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test.
*if no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport. (USD$50 per passenger).
(3) During Your Stay
Follow all safety protocols & enjoy your Belize experience.
- Facemasks are required throughout the Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE) and at all times when in public spaces.
- Keep your Proof of Vaccination or your COVID-19 test results readily available for Health Officials. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing. If you test positive. you will be required to quarantine at a Government approved hotel. Quarantine is mandatory for a minimum of 14-days and health officials must provide clearance for you to leave the country.
- Practice social distancing, wash hands regularly or use hand sanitizer.
- Use only Gold Standard certified accommodations, tour operators, tourism transportation providers (car rentals, domestic airlines, taxis), and visit Gold Standard restaurants, gift shops, and tourism sites all of whom have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols for your protection.
The US, Canada, and several other countries now require proof of a negative COVID test for entry. To meet these new requirements, the Ministry of Health and Wellness has expanded testing to facilitate all persons departing from Belize for travel to the US and other countries.
- Antigen (rapid) testing is available on-site at various hotels across the country, by a Ministry of Health & Wellness approved health facility.
- Advise your hotel during check-in if you will require testing to return to your home country.
- Many hotels are offering packages which include the cost of the test; verify with your hotel to see what offers they have available.
For up to date information on the destination's travel protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.travelbelize.ora/health-safety
Thank you for choosing Belize, and we look forward to having you with us!
The Belize Team
==================Requirements for Travelers to Belize
The Ministry of Health & Wellness reminds travelers of the signing into law of Statutory Instrument No. 14 of 2021 of the Quarantine Regulations, 2021, which came into on, February 28, 2021.
The statutory instrument states that the Ministry of Health & Wellness considers persons to be fully immunized two weeks after they have received two full doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and are verified through an official document two weeks. It also states that the Ministry reserves the right to test anyone, regardless of meeting the above criteria.
The Ministry presently recommends that all persons (tourists and nationals) arriving to Belize via air or sea be subjected to testing for SARSCoV2 at the expense of the traveler. Additionally, the Ministry continues to advise travelers to present a negative PCR test result taken within 96 hours or a negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours.
These recommendations will change accordingly as new evidence on the circulating variants and vaccine efficacy are made available.
The Ministry of Health & Wellness continues to advise travelers that there are mandatory public health measures in place in the country of Belize that must be adhered to and will be enforced.