Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#548841 03/15/21 09:21 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Making our 5th trip in a couple of weeks and can hardly wait. I know with Covid, there are locals on the island that have taken a huge financial hit. We would like to do some good while we are there. I don't want to be the Ugly American throwing cash around and we normally tip fairly well to reward servers but those people are working. Is there something we can do to help some of those that may not be? I know there are lots of locals on this board (Judy Ann, Scuba Lady and a few others) do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your input.

Thanks for your generous heart! The people you tip or buy from have families who are out of work - believe me, your generosity to servers will make a difference in the big picture. Also please check with Blue Water Grill, Hope Haven and the SP Tour Guide Association - all of these good people are working to provide food for those in need - they can use a hand, and cash.

So happy to hear you are returning to visit with us.... I believe Diane Campbell says this best.... For a more direct to family contribution you can check in with Brittany O'Daniel at SandBar Restaurant on the beach. She is personally involved in many of the above programs and seeks out the neediest of our community. Thank you gsreimers for your continued support of our small community. smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
C
C
That's good to hear cause we stay at Sunbreez so are at Bluewater a lot. Been coming down for 12-14yrs and always try to take care of our service people. We keep in touch with some via messenger and see what they need/want. Last year but because of COVID was 2019 we came down 3 times and the main thing some wanted was kids tablets. Also we brought certain tshirts , shorts and what not. We are picking up something's for our next trip in May. 10 days this time. We of course see you every trip at the restaurant Judyann😁

Scott
Bless your heart. One of the families I helped were helping themselves by fishing. They were still using tight line so I found them some rods, reels and line. I'm sure fishing tackle would be appreciated. BTW - they caught and I bought fish. Yeah, you know the proverb.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
We fish and dive with Jamie Guerrero when we're down there.

Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.