Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Good Afternoon... Ambergites? (Is there a name for AC residents?!?)

So I am nearing retirement and have heard a LOT of great things about AC and looking to head your way in the October time frame. My hope was to either buy some property and build a home and a couple of Casita's or look into Margaritaville that is hypothetically opening later this year and then rent it out when I was elsewhere... I am a huge Parrot(t)head. But I digress...

I know there are limitations w/ the QRP program but I just read somewhere (can find link if needed) that QRP'ers are no longer allowed to earn ANY type of income, even from Air BnB and the like. To be fair I was not counting on this income but it would be nice! Can anyone confirm this or was it a fallacious post?

And since I'm here, I know the proposed Margaritaville is about 12 miles north of San Pedro (just south of Tranquility Bay... where I hope to spend a few days while there). Can you get there by Golf Cart or do you still need a water taxi to get that far north?

Thanks in advance and apologies in advance if this is not the right place for this type of inquiry...

John

"Life is too serious to take seriously!"
QRP not allowed to engage in any business

You can reach Margaritaville by golf cart. However it is not yet open.

QRP = retired.

You can own a property that is rented out - but you cannot "work" - cannot manage, host etc.

OP Offline
Thanks for the updates. According to a spokesperson from Margaritaville about a month ago (and according to their website), it is hypothetically opening in September... hence my target date for a visit in October.

QRP = Retired... I get that and SOOOooo looking forward to it!

\\"You can own a property that is rented out - but you cannot "work" - cannot manage, host etc."\\ So if I own a condo in Margaritaville or buy some property and build a few extra casitas, they can be rented out? Would I just need to use a Belizean intermediary then?

"Life is too serious to take seriously!"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.