Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #548203
02/16/21 06:27 AM
02/16/21 06:27 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 25 - Is There Limited Talent in Belize? / Don't Bring Sand to the Beach!, FEBRUARY 15, 2021

Prime Minister Briceno found his foot in his mouth when he tried to defend nepotism by suggesting there is a talent shortage in Belize. Plus, what was an American tourist thinking when he tried to bring 1.5kg of weed into Belize? Dude, shop local!

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #548318
02/22/21 12:57 PM
02/22/21 12:57 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 26 - Disrespect for Dr. Manza / The First 100 Days of the PUP Government, FEBRUARY 22, 2021

Director of Health Services Dr. Marvin Manzanero may of won the hearts of minds of most Belizeans during the first 7 months of the pandemic, but it appears he has become persona non grata with his new boss. Plus, my two cents on how the new government has performed during their first 100 days.

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #548504
03/01/21 11:20 AM
03/01/21 11:20 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 27 - "I Don't Recall" / A New Low in the Dr. Manza Debacle, MARCH 1, 2021

"I don't recall". Those three little words that witnesses just love to utter at every commission of inquiry in Belize. Who is Zhourong Li, how did he acquire so much government land, and what does that have to do with Hugo Patt's government vehicle?

Plus, a new low in the war against Dr. Manzanero as the good doctor gets investigated for misconduct contributing to the deaths of Covid-19 patients 6-months before they ever got infected!

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #548665
03/08/21 06:12 AM
03/08/21 06:12 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 28 - What Was Dr. Manza's &...l Election Results Mean for Both Parties, MARCH 8, 2021

The Ministry of Health and Wellness has gone nuclear in their war on Dr. Manzanero. My two cents about what is really going on and why Dr. Manza being punished for abiding by WHO guidelines standing up to Big Pharma! Plus what the results of the municipal elections mean for both major parties and their leaders.

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #548830
03/15/21 12:41 PM
03/15/21 12:41 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 29 - The Unions vs. GOB... Let's Get Ready to Rumble!, MARCH 15, 2021

GOB is facing a massive budget deficit and the PM is asking teachers and public workers to make up the $80M shortfall by accepting wage reductions or face job cuts. My two cents on how the unions can leverage this situation to force GOB to implement some meaningful reforms that might help prevent a future financial crisis from happening again.

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #549151
03/29/21 04:36 AM
03/29/21 04:36 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 30 - Why the Sudden Rush to Re-open Schools? / The Costly Case of the Customs Comptroller., MARCH 29, 2021

Seemingly without warning the Ministry of Education has announced that schools will re-open for face to face learning on April 12. But is this really just a move by GOB to prepare for a battle with teachers over proposed salary cuts?

Plus, four very expensive lawyers are fighting over who gets to be the next Comptroller of Customs. Why would both parties spend so much for a promotion that results in a rather modest increase in salary?

Re: Brent's Two Cents: The Semi-Serious Thoughts of a Guy in Belize [Re: Marty] #549954
05/04/21 05:12 AM
05/04/21 05:12 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Episode 31 - Could Labour Troubles Lead to Devaluation? / I Got Vaccinated and You Should Too!, MAY 3, 2021

The latest tactic from GOB in their propaganda war with the unions is to suggest that refusing a 10% pay cut could result a devaluation of the Belize dollar. My two cents on why that would never happen.

Plus, I got vaccinated against Covid-19! I'll tell you about my experience with side effects and explain why you need to join the 42,000 other Belizeans who have received their first jab.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
May
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 188 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,366
Posts488,112
Members19,873
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.