Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
THE MEDIA IS REMOVED FROM SAN PEDRO POLICE STATION COMPOUND

As media reps wait for the arraignment of Jasmine Hartin who has been detained since Friday for the shooting death of Supt. Henry Jemmott, they are removed from the compound! We had originally been removed from a waiting area on the second floor and told we could wait near the steps of the building, but minutes ago we were further removed from the area to across the street.

Channel 5

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
DPP HAS DIRECTED JASMINE HARTIN BE CHARGED FOR MANSLAUGHTER

Credible sources into the investigation of the fatal shooting of Supt. Henry Jemmott have informed that the DPP Cheryl Lynn Vidal, has instructed that Jasmine Hartin, be charged for 'Manslaughter' in connection with the homicide of Supt. Henry Jemmott.

Hartin is expected to appear in San Pedro Magistrate Court sometime this evening, where she will be arraigned on the single charge of manslaughter.

Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Jasmine Hartin has been denied bail and is going to be remanded to prison.

The Magistrate Christine Perrera deliberated and concluded that she has no jurisdiction, while also noting the prevalence of crime currently.

Police had objected to bail because she is a flight risk.

So, Michael Ashcroft's daughter in law and the mother of his grandchildren is expected to be taken from San Pedro to Belize City tomorrow for remand to prison. It would now be up to her attorneys to apply for Supreme Court bail. Manslaughter by negligence is a bailable offence.

Channel 7

=================

Senior Counsel Godfrey Smith at the conclusion of today's arraignment told the media that his client Jasmine Hartin was denied bail. She remains in police custody, pending remand to the Central prison in Hattieville.

Her attorney, Godfrey Smith, said they will petition the Supreme Court to override San Pedro Magistrate Court's bail denial.

Channel 5

============

Hartin will be transferred to Belize City on Tuesday to be remanded to the Central Prison in Hattieville. If Supreme Court bail is granted, she will be released from custody until her adjournment date. Hartin will have to hand over all travel documents, and will likely have to report to the police station on a weekly basis.

Ambergris Today

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Jasmin Hartin Arraigned For Manslaughter By Negligence

Tonight - at this hour, Jasmine Hartin - the daughter in law of Michael Ashcroft is in the San Pedro Magistrate's Court awaiting a decision on bail from San Pedro Magistrate Christina Perrera.

Hartin is presently in the courtroom with her attorney Godfrey Smith awaiting this decision - according to sources. In San Pedro the media is not allowed into the courtroom because of COVID regulations.

But Cherisse Hasall has been the ground in San Pedro since the early morning and here's her report of the day's activities:

More than three days of detention ended for Jasmin Hartin today. She was arraigned this afternoon in the San Pedro Magistrate's Court on a single charge of manslaughter by negligence. That charge means that the Director of Public Prosecutions decided that - based on the evidence - it was an accidental shooting that led to Superintendent Henry Jemmott's death.

The arraignment came at the end of a long day for the media. It all started bright and early this morning when the press corps gathered in front of the upstairs courtroom in the hopes of getting a glimpse of the accused.

But it seems that despite last week's protestations by the commissioner that Hartin would be dealt with just like any other offender, it was just the opposite today.

That's because the media was initially removed out of the building by law enforcement, made to sit on these back steps. And later removed from the compound altogether; the reason cited was COVID safety measures.

Indeed, the cops seemed to go to great lengths to protect her from the glare of the medals lenses, even shutting the police station and courtroom windows to keep our cameras from catching even a glimpse of the Canadian who's made San Pedro her home.

And just when it seemed like any hope of arraignment was dwindling Hartin's attorney Godfrey Smith emerged from a taxi and strode with purpose into the upstairs courtroom.

And up until 5:08 pm, that's where he and presumably his client remained: battling through an arraignment that was long in coming, and is also taking long to wrap up.

And, Cherisse remains on the spot in San Pedro tonight - and we'll have updates - if any - as the news progresses.

So, manslaughter by negligence is an eminently bailable offence and police don't usually object to bail. But, in this case they did - because Hartin is a Canadian, and, thus, a flight risk. The 32 year old is also the mother of two - the grandchildren of Michael Ashcroft.

COMPOL: No Evidence To Support Murder Charge For Hartin

So, today's arraignment comes after a weekend of a few notable developments. First, police briefly considered charging Hartin for cocaine possession on Saturday night, but it seems, after that, she started to cooperate with the cops and gave a statement where she said she shot Jemmoth accidentally.

Today in Belmopan, the Commissioner of Police discussed the WEEKEND developments - while staying away from what was disclosed in the statement - but made clear, there's no evidence to support a murder charge:

Reporter
"Last week, you mentioned that Miss Jasmin Hartin wasn't cooperating with police. Has she given police any valuable information for this matter to move forward?"

Chester Williams
"Yes, she provided a statement under caution."

Reporter
"Sir, do police have a clear indication of what happened that night in terms of the sequence of events?"

Chester Williams
"We cannot say we have a clear understanding of what happened because we were not there. The only two persons who could have given that to us is the deceased and Miss Hartin."

"Miss Hartin has given her version of what she said transpired, and so, it's a matter now for the DPP to decide how we proceed."

Reporter
"Sir, so you're not at liberty to share what she said transpired?"

Chester Williams
"No, I'm not going to go into the contents of her statement."

"The injury is not consistent with suicide, and the manner of death is homicide, which simply means the killing of a human being by another human being. That is homicide. The issue that will have to be determined then is whether it murder on manslaughter. Murder is murder is the intentional killing of human being by unlawful harm. And so, one of the things you have to prove for murder is that of intent. Manslaughter on the other had is where you actually killed someone, but you have some - you call it partial excuse or partial defense in law that reduce the murder to manslaughter."

Reporter
"Would you be able to comment on the possibility of an accidental discharge of a pistol?"

Chester Williams
"I'm not going to comment on that at this time. We are going to give Mr. Jemoth the best funeral we possibly can. While yes, we're under financial constraints, I do not know that this should impede us from giving him a funeral that he rightly deserved, having served this country at the level he did, and for the number of years. And so, the funeral will be held in Dangriga. It has been tentatively set for June 12th."

Breaking news at this hour is that bail has been denied for Jasmine Hartin. That just happened at San Pedro MAgistrate's Court.

More on that later. And while the police department prepares for the funeral of a beloved senior officer - many of his peers are expressing their displeasure with the charge. They say that a Glock 9 MILIMETRE pistol - like the one Jemmoth carried - has a trigger safety built into it - so an accidental discharge is almost impossible. There are, of course, other misgivings, naturally arising from that fact that one of Belize's super rich residents, A Canadian, has killed a career cop born in Dangriga. But, the fact is the DPP decided on manslaughter by negligence - which rarely carries a prison sentence and - even if there is a conviction - usually ends with a fine. It is far more likely to end in a fine if the accused takes a guilty plea - which sources suggest may be the legal strategy employed by Hartin's legal team. She took no plea today, since it is an indictable offence - but when the case does go to the Supreme Court in maybe a year from now.

"Jasmine Hartin: From The Marriott Alaia to the 'Hattieville Ramada'

And, to update on our top story, Jasmine Hartin has been denied bail and is going to be remanded to prison.

The Magistrate Christine Perrera deliberated and concluded that she has no jurisdiction, while also noting the prevalence of crime currently.

Police had objected to bail because she is a flight risk.

So, Michael Ashcroft's daughter in law and the mother of his grandchildren is expected to be taken from San Pedro to Belize City tomorrow for remand to prison. It would now be up to her attorneys to apply for Supreme Court bail. Manslaughter by negligence is a bailable offence.

Here is a brief interview with her attorney Godfrey Smith from a few moments ago:

Godfrey Smith, Attorney for Jasmine Hartin
"We are not going to give a statement today, but we are going to arrange to have a statement to tomorrow. We will aim for in the afternoon."

Reporter
"Is there any way you could confirm anything today?"

"The charge is manslaughter by negligence, bail has been denied, we appeal to the supreme court as is normal. We will talk to the press tomorrow."

That was Cherisse Halsall just a few minutes ago with Godfrey Smith, Hartin's Attorney. More on this major, developing story as the news progresses.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Jasmin Hartin Sleeps In Her Majesty's Prison

Tonight, 32 year old Jasmin Hartin's sudden fall from grace has never been more pronounced. She has gone from the .01% ultra rich of the San Pedro's expatriate community to a prisoner on remand at the Kolbe Central Prison.

The woman accused of accidentally shooting and killing Superintendent Henry Jemmoth was arraigned yesterday - and though feverish attempts were made to secure bail for her today, they were unsuccessful.

So, tonight - she's at Kolbe - and Cherisse Halsall has been on San Pedro following the case closely since yesterday. Here's her report on all that happened today:

It was yet another waiting game at the San Pedro police station this morning as island socialite turned accused prisoner Jasmine Hartin, who yesterday was denied bail, was set to be transferred to the Kolbe Foundation's Belize Central prison.

And while her attorney Godfrey Smith had promised to deliver a briefing, he wasn't on the island today - he was in the city filing for Supreme court bail - in the hopes of sparing the 32 year old Canadian from spending a night at the Hattieville Ramada.

And while there was no sign of movement this morning, by noon Officer Commanding San Pedro Superintendent Christopher Noble was spearheading the erection of a memorial dedicated to his fallen brother Supt Henry Jemmott.

The memorial placed lovingly in front of the police station where Jemott himself had been San Pedro's longest serving OC was a homage to the well loved officer and a reminder to Jasmine Hartin that she took him away from them.

And shortly after that memorial went up, Attorney Hector Guerra arrived, quickly, filed some papers, and then departed in a hurry.

And by 2:15 when it was evident that there would be no Supreme Court bail hearing in the City, Hartin, clad in jeans and a hoodie and covering handcuffed wrists with what looked like a plate of takeout, finally emerged from the San Pedro Police station, to be whisked off lagoon side for a police contacted boat named the Seaductress.

It was bound for Belize City, docking nearly 2 hours later at Barracks pier on Marine Parade.

That's where our mainland team saw Hartin, who had likely been allowed to remove her cuffs while en route, cuffed once again and placed in blue police van. That van then sped off toward her final destination.

The Kolbe Foundation, where Prison C.E.O. Virgillo Murrillo told us that the 32-year-old who will be dealt with like any other untried prisoner will become the only caucsian among 1041 inmates.

And by day's end, the word from the Commissioner of Police to the media was that Jasmine Hartin had been safely delivered to the women's section of Her Majesty's prison where she remains pending a supreme court bail hearing.

Jemott's Fishing Buddy Cries For Justice

So, Hartin is at the Kolbe foundation tonight among her fellow female inmates, most of whom are minor offenders and illegal immigrants. But while the Prison CEO has stressed fair treatment for the partner of Andrew Ashcroft, many are hoping for her charge of manslaughter to result in a conviction.

Among them, Fransico Arceo or "Pawny" as he's known on the island. He's the fisherman who took Superintendent Jemmott out on his boat in what would become the last hours of his life.

Today he's told us that he's extremely saddened by the situation and prays that justice should prevail.

Francisco "Pawny" Arceo, Spent last day with Jemmott
"Yes. he is my very best friend, I fishing with him. I went fishing with him that same day. We fish for the full day and its not easy for me right now, because I am hurted."

Reporter
"Sir, if you could share with us what type of spirits was Mr. Jemmott in that last day that he spent with you?"

Francisco "Pawny" Arceo
"Very happy. As all the time he been with me, talking jokes, I even take most of the big police officers - like play games, jokes and we did everything in the boat - happy. He caught fish more than ever. He hooked as much fish as he wanted, not a drink of alcohol, nothing in his system."

Reporter
"Sir, do you know anything about the nature of Mr. Jemmott's relationship with Ms. Hartin?"

Francisco "Pawny" Arceo
"No, my dear. That can't be by surprise, it's a big shock to me, because If I would have known - always make games out of it. A definitely no. I don't even know them. I don't know her - never. I just ask where he was staying and he says I'm staying at Grand Colony and that's all I know about him."

Reporter
"The commissioner of police has said that Mr. Jemmott did ask for time off because he was having some personal issues. Did he share any of those with you?"

Francisco "Pawny" Arceo
"No, I'm surprised, he never did any of those things. I said how is your family and he said that everybody was doing good."

Reporter
"What's the outcome that you would like to see from this situation?"

Francisco "Pawny" Arceo
"I feel very saddened. I've been hearing the news, I've been sticking my ears to all kind of news and I hope and just wish that its fake, but apparently it looks like at the end of the road things are not going to happen like how I was expecting to happen. For me, I'm not a judge, I'm not Jesus to crucify nobody, but if I kill somebody, kill me, because I kill - because I know what I did. This is not good, its nonsense. I would like to say that because I am powerful I could do what I want, no. Is there justice? For me, the way how it's going on I don't think there is justice. Let's do it the right way, make everybody happy. I love the police officers, the high and low rank police officers, so where are we putting our policemen, when these things there is no justice. Who are we, we have the evidence, what else do we need."

Jemmott's Sister "Devastated" at Manslaughter Charge

And along that same line, Henry Jemott's sister also wants to see a murder charge. Speaking with us this evening via phone form Cayo where she is taking care of her deceased brother's five kids - she told us she was devastated to get the news - which she didn't get from police - but from a news media facebook post:

Voice of: Marie Jemmott Tzul, Sister of the deceased
"I would just say I am disappointed in the police department and that's not only my opinion but it's a consensus of my family, his friends and the general Belizean people. I had faith in all the police department. It's one of their own and I think in my honest opinion with due respect to them, I think they should have took that to court as murder and let the court decide. That's my humble and honest opinion. Its a big disrespect to my brother who have served for 23 years plus and if it was anybody in his shoes, if the tables were turned, he would have done the correct thing. Because why was the door closed and she was cooped up and all that. Come on, everybody else they march them through the street, put them in the vehicle and go along. So why the special treatment? That gives us more pain in our heat to see, because maybe it's a person of color, a person with money - that would have made us feel much better if they would have taken her as an ordinary person. Jasmine has taken away the family bread winner, his children. My little big brother."

The Glock's Safety Trigger Prevents Misfiring

Darrell Tutsi Usher also spoke about the Glock Pistol which Jemmoth carried as his service weapon. That is the gun that killed him - supposedly from an accidental discharge. He said that is highly unlikely based on the gun's trigger safety:

Jules Vasquez, reporter
"A glock is not a weapon that can be fired accidentally. You really have to square your finger on the trigger and pull. It's not something that oops right. You have to put your finger there because of the 2 levels of safety."

Darrel Usher, Trained by Jemmott
"The glock have a safety in the trigger. So you have to like double click, 2 click you have to pull with the glock - that you have to intentionally squeeze, put pressure on that to make the glock go off."

COMPOL Says He Stands By DPP Decision

That call for justice is a sentiment being echoed by all Belizeans. And it's a becoming more than usually heavy weight on the police department.

And when we spoke to the commissioner via zoom this evening he told our Jules Vasquez that he's committed to a meticulous trying of this case but that ultimately he has put his faith in the decision of the Director of Public Prosecution.

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police
"Well as I have said from day one that we were going to do our investigation as impartial as we possibly can and that there was going to be no special treatment afforded to her. Her social statue should not affect how she is to be treated or should not allow her to be treated different than any ordinary person who have committed a crime and so as the commissioner I ensured that I remained in constant dialogue with my commander out on the cayes telling them the need for us to deal with her as we deal with any ordinary person and contrary to what some may want to say that we have given her special treatment, she was sent to sleep here and sent to sleep there, which is total nonsense, but again, we live in a country where everybody seems to be opinionated and to some extent the opinion is one that not even they themselves could believe, so it's just the way of life. We just have to learn to live with it."

Jules Vasquez, reporter
"Now, we know that obviously there is no universal joy or universal approval for the charge, manslaughter by negligence, but you have said throughout its a decision for the DPP. Should the police have waited until they received a report from the weapons experts at the forensic department before a final decision was made on the charge and is such a report pending?"

"That would have been a call for the DPP to make and I can tell you had that been done, she would had to be release from custody, because that report could not be done overnight, it requires intense ballistic testing and if it were that she was to be released from custody without a charge pending that report, then you could just imagine how Belizeans would have gone in uproar and so I support the decision made by the DPP, she is the expert in this field, I respect her as a persons and as a prosecutor her ability to do her job and I have every confidence in her."

Channel 7

Charged with Manslaughter, Jasmine Hartin remanded to Belize Central Prison after shooting death of top cop

Tonight, June 1st, island socialite Jasmine Hartin is spending her first night at the Kolbe Foundation - Belize Central Prison. Hartin was remanded for the charge of Manslaughter by Negligence in the shooting death of 42-year-old Superintendent of Police Henry Jemmott. She will remain there awaiting her bail application to the Supreme Court. The incident has received international attention as Hartin is the partner of Andrew Ashcroft, son of billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft. Hartin and Andrew have two children and recently opened a luxurious beach resort in San Pedro Town.

After four nights in custody at the San Pedro Police department, the well-known businesswoman emerged from the San Pedro Police Station Tuesday afternoon escorted by police, wearing blue jeans, a red hoodie, and a black face mask. She carried a plastic bag, which concealed her handcuffs, and climbed onto the back of a golf cart. The accused tried to hide her face and remained silent as questions were hurled at her by the media crowd. A female police officer sat next to her, and she was whisked away to the San Pedro Sunset Boardwalk, where a private boat transported her to Belize City. From there, she was carried to the Belize Central Prison in Hattieville, where she remains until her court hearing for bail at the Supreme Court.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

This is not justice.' Sister of Belize cop shot dead by Jasmine Hartin slams decision to charge the Canadian socialite with just manslaughter by negligence... click here for the story in the Daily Mail

Jasmine Hartin: Ashcroft son's partner taken to Belize jail plagued by scorpions... click here for the story in the Times

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Did Firearms Expert Check Jemmott's Gun?

And, coming back to the Jasmine Hartin - Henry Jemmoth manslaughter case, there are some questions about how the cops were able to charge before completing their ballistic testing.

Yesterday via zoom the commissioner told Jules Vasquez that while waiting for those results might seem the right thing to do, the long wait for results could have jeopardized the entire case.

Jules Vasquez:
"Should the police have waited until they received a report from the weapons experts at the forensics department, before a final decision was made on the charge, and is such a report pending?"

Chester Williams, Comissioner of Police
"That would have been a call for the DPP to make and I can tell you Jules, that had that been done she would have had to have been released from custody because that report will not be done overnight, it requires intense ballistic testings and if it was that she would be released from custody without a charge, pending that report then you could just imagine how Belizeans would have gone in an uproar."

Did Hartin Get Arrested With Cocaine?

And while Hartin has ultimately been charged for Manslaughter, there was buzz over the weekend about a possible cocaine charge, reportedly for possession of 0.4 grams.

It's yet another tidbit in the ongoing San Pedro saga that's been difficult to confirm but we put the question to the Commissioner yesterday. Here's his reply.

Jules Vasquez
"Now, sir much has been made over the days of this issue of a charge for possession of a small amount of controlled drugs, are you able to explain if this was ever a factor in how, if you all intended to bring this charge at any point?"

"That is something that, I'm not too sure at this time where that small amount of drugs was found but it is something that will be looked at."

Jules Vasquez:
"So there may be subsequent charges for that?"

"There could be, yes."

Channel 7

Supreme Court Bail Hearing for Jasmine Hartin Adjourned

Two days after she was charged with manslaughter by negligence in the shooting death of Superintendent Henry Jemmott in San Pedro, today Jasmine Hartin was back in the court. Her attorneys Senior Counsel Godfrey Smith and Hector Guerra appeared before Supreme Court Justice Herbert Lord while Hartin attended the bail application hearing via video link from the Belize Central Prison. But as quickly as the session started, it ended when Justice Lord adjourned the matter to next week. News Five's Duane Moody was there and files this report.

Duane Moody, Reporting

The bail hearing before Justice Herbert Lord this afternoon for the manslaughter by negligence case for Jasmine Hartin was adjourned to next week Wednesday, June ninth following the objection to bail by the Director of Public Prosecution, because the petitioner, or the accused is considered a flight risk.

Duane Moody

"The objection was made because it is considered that Miss Hartin is a flight risk."

Shanice Lovell, Crown Counsel

"Yes�and we are going to be working on submissions and then the judge will hear the matter thereafter."

Reporter

"That's one Wednesday right the submissions will be heard?"

Shanice Lovell
"Yes."

Reporter

"What submissions will you be making to the judge?"

Shanice Lovell
"It's in relation to her flight risk status."

Reporter

"Do you consider her a serious flight risk?"

Shanice Lovell

"Yes we do."

Hartin was not brought to the courtroom, but instead attended the session via virtual link from the central prison in Hattieville. When he addressed the court, Justice Herbert Lord said that he was tasked by the Chief Justice to preside over the case. The judge ordered for full submissions in writing on the objection as well as case laws -� be submitted by Friday, June fourth. Hartin's legal team will then have to respond by June seventh before the bail hearing which will now be held at nine-thirty a.m., one week from today. When he exited the courtroom, Senior Counsel Godfrey Smith's comments were brief.

"You all were in court; you all would have heard the judge, Justice Lord, express disapproval of the kind of media publicity he has seen attending this matter. Obviously, I have no intention of contributing to that. You would have heard what I've heard which is that the matter is adjourned. Why has it been adjourned, the Director of Public Prosecutions' office filed a short statement, one sentence, saying we object to bail on the basis of flight risk with nothing further. The judge has said he wants full submissions, full developed arguments on that to be submitted by Friday. We are to respond on Monday and the matter will continue next week Wednesday. That is all I can say. Thank you very much�."

Justice Lord says that following the hearing, a decision will be handed down no later than June eleventh. Duane Moody for News Five.

Channel 5

Hartin remains locked up in Hattieville after Supreme Court denies bail

From a luxurious lifestyle to the Kolbe Foundation-Belize Central Prison in Hattieville, Canadian National Jasmine Hartin will remain incarcerated after her Supreme Court petition for bail on Wednesday, June 2nd was denied. Stating she is considered a flight risk, Justice Herbert Lord presided over the bail hearing, which is adjourned to Wednesday, June 9th.

Hartin was detained from Friday, and after being charged with the lesser charge of Manslaughter by Negligence, which is bailable, she was transported to Hattieville on Tuesday, June 1st. Although her attorney Godfrey Smith managed to get an expedited bail hearing before the Supreme Court in Belize City it was denied, and now Hartin will have to wait a couple more days before her next hearing. Hartin attended the court hearing virtually from the central prison. Crown Counsel Shanice Lovell represented the team from the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP). They objected to Hartin's bail, insisting she was a flight risk. According to reports, the DPP's office must provide a written submission with legal information supporting their objection to bail by the subsequent hearing. Meanwhile, Hartin's legal team will be given time to submit a written response to such objection.

When Hartin was transported off the island on June 1st, a gentleman (who did not provide name) approached the press and shared his encounter with Hartin while in jail. He had been incarcerated for an alleged curfew breach when he saw police locking up a white woman. He said Hartin appeared to be under the influence of some substance and was disoriented. Afterward, he claims she cussed out the police officers because they did not allow her to smoke a cigarette. According to the jail inmate, she demanded preferential treatment as well. When he found out that Hartin was there for the shooting death of Jemmott, she was lauded. The jail mate said he praised her for being brave enough to kill a top cop, as many people did not like the fallen superintendent because he abused his power when in charge of policing the island. He is happy that Jemmott was killed. According to this individual, Hartin claimed she did not kill Jemmott, but someone in a passing boat shot him. These claims have not been confirmed.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize cop killed by Lord Ashcroft's daughter-in-law confided in friend that he was going on a date with someone whose name he would 'take to the grave' the night he met her

The prominent Belizean cop shot in the head by socialite Jasmine Hartin told a friend he was going on a date the night he was killed, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Police superintendent Henry Jemmott also joked that he would take the identity of the woman 'to the grave' with him, when the curious pal probed him for more details on the afternoon of May 27.

Jemmott, 42, had also boasted that he was staying for free at the Grand Colony Villas - a luxury resort operated by Hartin's husband Andrew Ashcroft, the son of British billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft - in the swank coastal enclave of Ambergris Caye.

The resort is sandwiched between the gleaming new Alaia hotel, a recently-opened Ashcroft property, and the Mata Rocks hotel pier where Jemmott was found dead just a few hours after the conversation took place.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Daily Mail

=============================

Cellmate of Lord Ashcroft's daughter-in-law says she was 'roughed up' by police after being arrested

An inmate at the San Pedro cell block, named only as Jose, told local media he was asleep when Hartin, who shares two children with Mr Ashcroft, was brought in by officers in the early hours of the morning.

'I noticed that she was really ****ed up. So I can't say if she was doing drugs or what but she was really, she was lost that night,' said.

'To be real with you what I saw in the morning, in the night that they brought her, really they were roughing her up because it was a cop that died. So to be real with you, what I saw it wasn't nice,' he added.

The inmate claimed Hartin's 'clothes were full of blood' and that she was swearing at police officers, asking them to give her a cigarette, but they refused, and then she demanded her medication.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Daily Mail

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
'He told me to practise loading his gun. Suddenly it went off. I had no idea there was still a bullet in the chamber': Accused Jasmine Hartin's dramatic account of what she says really happened on the moonlit pier in Belize

Sitting at the edge of the pier with the waves gently lapping at her toes, the warm Caribbean breeze blowing and a full moon overhead, it could not have been a more perfect night.

Beside her, an old friend laughed and reminisced as the wine and whisky flowed. But within a couple of hours, this peaceful scene would descend into a 'living nightmare'.

A single gunshot pierced the night air, followed by a scream - then a splash as a body entered the water.

And Jasmine Hartin's life would never be the same again.

Today, the horrific chain of events on the night the 32-year-old socialite accidentally shot dead her good friend, Belize police superintendent Henry Jemmott, can be revealed in detail for the first time.

Click Here for the rest of the story in the Daily Mail

What a load of CARP!! 'Lord Ashcroft has devoted his life to Belize and the Belizean people,' one local said. 'This is so sad for him and his family.' He has devoted his life to getting rich off the Belizean people!

Last edited by dabunk; 06/06/21 02:02 PM.
Newspaper and article paid for and written by Ashcroft and his appointed cronies

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.