An additional batch of COVID-19 vaccine will arrive next week through the COVAX facility.� To date, more than seventy thousand Belizeans have received their first shot.�

Dr. Natalia Largaespada Beer, Maternal & Child Health Technical Advisor, M.O.H.W.

"We are expecting thirty-three thousand, six thousand in July from COVAX. And then, probably by early next week, we should have the next allocation of one hundred and thirty-eight thousand for Belize through COVAX. With this one hundred thousand we receive from Mexico that will improve the access for the target population."

Paul Lopez

"I would assume it is also dependent on the level of vaccination hesitancy we have in the country."

Dr. Natalia Largaespada Beer

"I think that the issue we are facing is that there is a lot of misinformation. And I think people are understanding and I must thank all the Belizeans that are assuming their individual responsibility towards ending the pandemic of COVID-19. So far, we have administered more than seventy thousand doses. I'm sure if we had more vaccines, we would have delivered more. I do agree that more information needs to reach to population that have not had access to information or sessions, sharing the importance of the vaccine."

Channel 5