Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground #552813
09/20/21 11:40 AM
09/20/21 11:40 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Online happy OP

Marty  Online Happy OP

By Hans Wagenhaus

Good morning from Arenal Village on the Western border,
for some time now I've been working to donate a new kids playground for Arenal. Our playground is more than 25 years old - it's rotten and for a very long time cannot be used by any kids anymore. I'm going to donate 2000US$ and I will be looking for donations from companies, organizations or single persons and I'm very optimistic that we're going to start building the kids playground in 2021. The British High commissioner was very much amazed about my plans and she is actually working on options to give me ideas to realize this project with as much as possible support. I also presented the project to the area representative for Cayo West, Hon. Jorge Espat, who'll support me. Even the director of the OAS in the Benque border zone offered his support for this project, that will be built by many Arenal villagers.

I created a presentation and ask kindly, if you would please check on this presentation - it explains the whole concept of the playground and there's a video explaining the need of this playground. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/14azbJPZpkThKZZm1IxLNHpPMjQPEpZalJHAyqNLYhyA/edit#slide=id.p

You might have seen, that I want to do a sustainable playground with as few as possible plastic, in order to set a sign for the future of our environment.

In order to support this project you could either donate any amount of money, or you could chose to buy items for the playground and make sure, they'll be available for us by the end of the year. I would very much appreciate your support. In the end I'm going to implement a website for 3 years explaining the project and monitor the efforts, as well as name all the donors of this project - I'll ask the Ambergris Caye message board to help support the project and help to look for donors.

I wanted to ask you to please support Arenal with this kids playground. If you would decide to donate, there would no need for action now, just send me an email to confirm: I would contact you again, once we would start to create the playground, but I would appreciate, if you could give me a green light for this donation.

Thank you very much
Kind regards

Hans Wagenhaus
Arenal Village
Whatsapp: 00502 48312970

Re: Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground [Re: Marty] #552851
09/22/21 08:12 AM
09/22/21 08:12 AM
Arenal Village, Cayo
T
The Hans Offline
The Hans  Offline
T
Details for the creation of the kids playground:
My goal is to get all together at least 5000US$ in funds or playground items.

I requested, that the village would give the property for free. Also I requested to get 3 to 4 big trees from the village forest for free. I also asked the area representative, Hon. Jorge Espat, to get an exception from duty for all playground items and will try to get free transportation from the US to Belize by Arrow Freight.

I have some more conditions:

- The playground must be sustainable - we try to avoid to use any plastic and want to use natural materials.

- The playground should be adventurous with as many as possible items to challenge the kids - balancing, climbing, interact, social interaction, and I wanted to create a part with benches and some shadow for parents to watch their kids and communicate

- I want at least 50 villagers to help built this playground at no salary. Once a week I want to do this job with as many as possible young people from the village, so that they see, what kind of hard work this is, and I want to sensibilize them to respect this playground, and not destroy parts, as it will be a village leisure activity for their future kids too

- Politicians should help us to contact big Belizean companies to ask for donations. I also have contacted the British High Commission, the OAS and I'll contact some embassies. A basic presentation of this project is already on the message board of "ambergriscaye.com"

If you want to contact me, please send an email to "playground(at)wagenhaus.info"
Whatsapp 00502 48312970 - we only have Guatemalan phone signal in Arenal

Thank you very much - any help and/or ideas would be very much appreciated

Re: Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground [Re: The Hans] #553094
10/04/21 10:56 AM
10/04/21 10:56 AM
Arenal Village, Cayo
T
The Hans Offline
The Hans  Offline
T
OK, San Pedro, maybe you want to re-consider to support me with this important project - Politicians did not do anything for our kids - we're simply too "un-important" and they cannot "make money" with such projects.

Re: Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground [Re: Marty] #553316
10/14/21 07:40 AM
10/14/21 07:40 AM
Arenal Village, Cayo
T
The Hans Offline
The Hans  Offline
T
Starting in the first week of November - I really would love to get any support from Ambergris Caye - c'mon guys - this really is a valuable case - doing something for kids <3 Open your heart!

Re: Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground [Re: The Hans] #553849
11/09/21 11:34 AM
11/09/21 11:34 AM
Arenal Village, Cayo
T
The Hans Offline
The Hans  Offline
T
Good morning from Arenal. In the meantime I reached an amount of 4000US$ - 2000 donated by me and 2000US$ from my friends in Europe and the US: We're still missing approximately 1000US$ and it makes me very sad, that not one donation has been made from anyone in Belize - not one cent! I also did not receive a single answer from all the big Belizean companies - that's very sad.
If each person who had clicked the site would have given 2 US$, we would now have more than 1000US$ from Belizeans or Belize expats.
Please - if you read this - I appreciate even a donation of 10 or 20$ - please be so kid and help to make this project happen.
Thank you very much
and kind regards
Hans

Re: Fundraising for Arenal Village Playground [Re: Marty] #553867
11/10/21 10:19 AM
11/10/21 10:19 AM
Houston, TX, USA
E
Emma Steele Offline
Emma Steele  Offline
E
How would one go about making a small donation?

Emma

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,880
Posts492,137
Members20,011
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.