Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 84,395
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: September 23, 2021


General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Present Condition: Mostly cloudy this morning, including San Pedro. Relatively moist and unstable conditions prevail over the area.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Cloudy at times with a few showers and thunderstorms along some coastal areas and offshore this morning, then mostly inland this afternoon. Then activity will redevelop along the coast and offshore later tonight, decreasing.
Winds: N-NW, 0-10 kts
Sea State: Slight
Waves: 1-3 ft
Sea Surface Temperature (°f): 86
Outlook: Friday into Friday night:- showers or thunderstorms will be isolated with slightly more activity over inland areas during the afternoon.
Sargassum Forecast from September 14 to September 22: Latest satellite imagery suggest that Sargassum concentration offshore has decreased significantly. However, there is the chance that a few small mats could still drift onshore during the next few days San Pedro has a low probability and a minimal impact.
Tropical Weather Outlook: At 3:00am, Tropical Depression #18 was over the eastern Tropical Atlantic Ocean centered near 10.5N 36.4W, or about 1860 miles ESE of the northern Leeward Islands. Post-Tropical Cyclone Rose was now a remnant low located near lat 25.2N lon 41.6W, or about 1300 miles WNW the Cabo Verde Islands. Click for more of the tropical weather outlook...

Marine Conditions:

The Caribbean Sea

A sharp upper trough across eastern Cuba continues to support scattered overnight showers and thunderstorms from the southern peninsula of Haiti to Jamaica. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are also evident north of the monsoon trough off the coast of Colombia and eastern Panama. A weakened subtropical ridge north of the area continues to support a pattern of below average winds across the basin. Moderate trade winds are noted over the southeast Caribbean, with generally light to gentle trade winds elsewhere. Seas are 1 to 3 ft over the northwest Caribbean, and 3 to 5 ft elsewhere.

For the forecast, Tropical Depression Eighteen is well to the east near 10.5N 36.4W 1008 mb at 0900 UTC, moving W at 13 kt. Maximum sustained winds are 30 kt with gusts 40 kt. Eighteen will will continue to intensify as it moves across the Atlantic, becoming a hurricane near 13N47W by Sat afternoon, and reaching 55W east of the Leeward Islands by Mon. Marine interests in the Leeward Islands should stay aware of the expected track of this developing system. Meanwhile, moderate trade winds will persist over much of the Caribbean into early next week, becoming fresh over the south- central Caribbean starting Fri night as high pressure builds east of the Bahamas.


  High Low
Coastal 31° C
87° F
27° C
79° F
Inland 33° C
91° F
23° C
73° F
Hills 26° C
78° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
Low: 5:25 AM High: 11:30 AM
Low: 5:29 PM High: 11:18 PM
Sunrise: 5:41 AM Moonset: 7:51 AM
Sunset: 5:47 PM Moonrise: 7:46 PM




Four Day Weather Outlook:



For more information, check the Daily Tropical Weather Outlook.

Climate Prediction Center's Central America Hazards Outlook

Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

Ambergris Caye:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/bz/san-pedro

Philip S W Goldson International Airport:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/bz/belize/MZBZ?cm_ven=localwx_today

Belmopan:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/bz/belmopan/17.26%2C-88.78

Caye Caulker:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/bz/caye-caulker-village


Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 84,395
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 EXPECTED TO STRENGTHEN AS IT MOVES ACROSS THE TROPICAL CENTRAL ATLANTIC...

Eighteen has changed very little overnight and has maintained tropical depression status but could become a tropical storm later today, a hurricane over the weekend, and a Category three hurricane by Monday.

At 5 a.m. AST, the center of the Tropical Depression Eighteen was located over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean about 1860 miles (2995 km) east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands. The depression is moving toward the west near 15 mph (24 km/h) and this general motion is expected to continue through Friday. A slower motion toward the west-northwest is expected Friday night and continuing into the weekend.

[Linked Image]

Tropical Depression Peter is no more. The National Hurricane Center is also issuing advisories on Tropical Depression Rose, located about 1200 miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.

Elsewhere over the Atlantic basin a gale-force non-tropical low pressure system (the remnants of Odette) is located about 600 miles west-northwest of the westernmost Azores. This low is expected to be nearly stationary over cold waters through Thursday, but it could become a subtropical or tropical cyclone while it moves southward over marginally warmer waters on Friday and Saturday. Strong upper-level winds are expected to develop over the system during the weekend, which would likely limit its development. It has a medium (40 percent) chance of formation during the next 48 hours and a medium (60 percent) chance during the next five days.

For more information, check the daily Tropical Weather Outlook, click here

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,675
Offline
On Ambergris Caye this morning we have a 6 mph breeze from the North creating a calm sea around our barrier reef. Today's expected high temperature is 87f.

FB_IMG_1632400606313.jpg

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 84,395
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Beautiful photo!

Strange weather at present, just sort of is, that is cloud around, but no significant movement of any air. Possibly a very slight movement up from the south, even the high level clouds are hardly moving, but there is rain out at sea off PG

Probably a mixed day, mainly cloudy, but with some sunshine, and a small chance of some rain showers.

[Linked Image]

Temperatures in Belmopan : ( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler )
Last Night 26°C 79°F Yesterday max. 30°C 87°F Yesterday Rain 0.2 mm (0.0") Over Night Rain 1.6 mm (0.06")

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 84,395
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Present Condition: Mostly clear in the north, more clouds in the south. Partly cloudy in San Pedro, like a bit of rain coming in from the east. Relatively moist and unstable conditions prevail.

24hr Forecast: Cloudy at times with some showers or thunderstorms mainly over the open sea early this afternoon, over the interior later this afternoon and evening, then over northern and some coastal areas tonight. Tomorrow morning will be manly fair with only isolated showers.

Outlook: (Fri afternoon - midday Sat) Cloudy spells with a few showers and thunderstorms mainly inland Friday afternoon, then generally isolated showers or thunderstorms Friday night and Saturday morning.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The trough induced by the proximity of a cold front in the Gulf of Mexico, will give rise to a Thursday with storms in the Yucatan Peninsula.

[Linked Image]

This morning in Hopkins Village. Photo by Hopkins Uncut

[Linked Image]

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 84,395
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Swellups now all over the place, and causing a lot of rain down south.

[Linked Image]


Link Copied to Clipboard
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,192
Posts499,999
Members20,449
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021



AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5