Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

There's been a big shakeup in the KHMH Board of Governors - and what looks like a come uppance for the Minister of Health. His cousin, Francois Chebat and Francois' father in law, Dr David Hoy have stepped down from the board. They are replaced by the no nonsense Fernando Cuellar and a newcomer, Daisy Codd.

This comes along with the naming of a new CEO, Chandra Nisbet Cansino. A month ago the minister seems to have kind of dismissed her as "Nurse Cansino" - but now she's the boss at the country's biggest hospital. This evening she told us it's also where she got her start:

Chandra Cansino, Incoming C.E.O., K.H.M.H.
"I am honored to be the newest member of the K.H.M.H. team. My professional navel string buried at Karl Heusner; I was there in the first shift in 1995 when we moved from the old Belize City Hospital to the K.H.M.H. So I have been there from day one. And I was happy to sit on the board in 2013, 2014, 2015 and now I have an opportunity to make a positive difference. When I saw the vacancy I said well I meet the qualifying conditions and I applied and thankfully here I am today."

Jules Vasquez, reporter
"Are you able to say how we arrive at this point where you are now assuming the mantle when one month ago another name had been called?"

Chandra Cansino, Incoming C.E.O., K.H.M.H.
"Well from my perspective I was an applicant, I had several rounds of interviews which included the final one or the final ones to get me to where I am today, so I really don't have any information about what happened in regards to the first announcement."

Cansino outlined the priorities she sees as she goes back into the KHMH - where he was a former Chairman of the board of governors:

Chandra Cansino, New C.E.O., K.H.M.H.
"We have short term, medium term and long-term goals for the KHMH. And of course, the short term is to get through the pandemic to be able to support staff as much as possible to ensure their safety and security, so that we can ensure the patient safety and security and so I would think that that is the priority in the short term and then in the medium term to conduct a comprehensive assessment. KHMH has a lot of great things happening there and so it's really to just conduct a comprehensive assessment along with this present board and look at where the priorities will be for the medium term. We see them primarily being in improving. Customer service might not be a word that we are used to hearing when it comes to hospital, but we really need to improve customer service."

We also note that Chief Executive Officer, in the Ministry of Health and Wrks Dr. Deysi Mendez has been replaced by Dr. Julio Sabido. We will note that this goes contrary to the law which ensures that both the Health CEO and the Director of Health Services, Dr Marvin Manzanero have to be ex officio members on the board.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]Following comprehensive discussions with the Board of the KHMHA, today Mrs. Chandra Cansino, RN, signed a contract to assume her new leadership role as Chief Executive Officer of the KHMH, effective October 15. The incoming CEO possesses the qualifications and the character necessary to lead the nation's flagship hospital into the future, with a commitment not only to exceptional medical care for ALL, but to the enhancement of internal structures and staff inclusivity and operations, excellence in customer/patient service and financial integrity.

Upon coming on board, Cansino expressed her passion for the task at hand, stating that "It is my honour to join the KHMH team and I look forward to the continued path toward excellence. There is much work to be done, but my confidence in the commitment of the men and women who serve at the KHMH remains strong."

The KHMHA takes this opportunity to confirm the appointments of new Board members Drs. Julio Sabido and Fernando Cuellar, along with Ms. Daisy Codd. We will confirm new appointments to critical positions in the management of the KHMH shortly, as we prepare for challenging days ahead.

Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
New K.H.M.H. C.E.O. Starts End of the Week

As we have reported, the Social Security Board's Chandra Nisbet-Cansino was successful in her application for the post as C.E.O. at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital. She wasn't the initial choice tapped for the job, but when that didn't go well, Cansino was offered the job and she accepted. She takes up her new office on Friday, relieving Acting C.E.O. Tim Segura, who has been holding over since Michelle Cox-Hoare vacated the post. K.H.M.H. Board Chair Doctor Andre Sosa speaks on the new appointee.

Dr. Andre Sosa, Chair, Board of Governors, K.H.M.H.

"On the fifteenth, Mrs. Chandra Cansino takes up her position as C.E.O. I am certain that I speak for the staff in saying that we are very glad and happy that she is on board with us. And as well, I can say perhaps that even the wider community is embracing her coming on to the K.H.M.H. compound."

Channel 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.