Next Thread
Print Thread
Statutory Instrument No. 111 of 2021 #553023
09/30/21 07:20 PM
09/30/21 07:20 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Kindly click the link below to access Statutory Instrument No. 111 of 2021 - PUBLIC HEALTH (PREVENTION OF THE SPREAD OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE) (COVID-19) (AMENDMENT) (NO. 9) REGULATIONS, 2021

Neck gators/buffs are no longer accepted as a viable face mask option.

https://www.pressoffice.gov.bz/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/SI-No-111-of-2021-Public-Health.pdf

As of October 1st, 2021, any person wishing to enter a public medical institution, government office, or the office of a statutory body must present proof of immunization (vaccination). This also applies to persons who work at the establishment. Unimmunized persons who are employees will be required to present a negative COVID test every two weeks. Unimmunized persons visiting for an appointment must present a negative COVID test taken not more than two weeks prior. Persons working in these establishments who fail to comply will not be allowed to enter for work. They will be deemed absent and will be subject to disciplinary actions. These regulations apply to courthouses, police, stations, and prison. Persons caught in breach of these regulations will be issued a violation ticket.

Additionally, the S.I. provides an amended that now prohibits the use of neck gaiters, fishing face masks, ski masks, any closed tube of fabric or other similar face, neck or head covering that resembles any of the aforementioned types of masks or which is designed to expose only part of the face.

Re: Statutory Instrument No. 111 of 2021 [Re: Marty] #553051
10/02/21 04:33 AM
10/02/21 04:33 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
ComPol Breaks Down New S.I.

A new statutory instrument came into force earlier today to address the issue of mask wearing, as well as the second of two no-movement Sundays. As part of stricter measures put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19, the past two weeks have seen a seven o’clock curfew being implemented, as well as consecutive Sundays being designated to restrict the movement of citizens about the country. Under the new S.I., freedom of movement will be prohibited for persons wanting to go to the stores to purchase food and groceries. All that will be opened will be gas stations, pharmacies and medical facilities. Commissioner of Police Chester Williams broke down the new piece of delegated legislation.

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police

“Now for the non-movement Sundays under the previous S.I. there were a number of business establishments that were allowed to be opened, particularly stores so that people would be able to purchase essential needs. Well under the new S.I. that came out yesterday, the businesses that are allowed to be open on the no-movement Sundays has been amended and so now, under the current S.I., the only businesses that will be allowed to open are fuel stations, pharmacies, medical and veterinary institutions, businesses that provide public transportation, hotel and resorts for the purpose of serving their guests, as the case may be. So we’re now seeing that stores are no longer being allowed to be open. So people will not be able to move around on Sundays to say that they are going to the stores because the stores are going to be open. They will only be allowed to move around if you are seeking the services offered at any of the institutions that will be allowed to be open.”

You Must Present a Vaccine Card or a Negative COVID Test

Along with the new S.I. comes the implementation of a new policy where vaccination cards must be presented for entry into to public buildings and government offices. Persons who fail to produce a vaccination card must be able to present negative results from rapid or PCR COVID tests.

“In the case of persons who have not been vaccinated, the PCR and rapid tests will be valid for two weeks. So every two weeks you’ll have to produce that PCR or rapid test in order to enter any such establishment. When it comes to employees at these establishments, the regulations provide that the employees must produce the immunization card or a negative PCR or rapid test. For those employees who do not produce any of those requirements then they will be sent home, marked absent and will be subject to the disciplinary process of that particular office. Churches remain closed under the new S.I., as well as the prohibition now on the use of ski masks, fishermen masks and other similar type masks that cover the entire head or face. So based on the new S.I., I would want to think that the only type of mask you can use would be the surgical mask or the similar mask that people would make that they would normally use, made of cloth. But the law also makes provisions for business establishments to determine what type of masks they will allow on their premises. Now while the law does give the business establishment that authority, they will still not be able to allow masks that have now been outlawed by the new regulations.”

ComPol Says Most Belizeans are Abiding by Curfew Regulations

The fate of the existing curfew will be decided by the Ministry of Health and Wellness sometime over the weekend with the introduction of a new statutory instrument. The past two weeks have seen Belizeans across the country adhering to a seven o’clock curfew which expires on Sunday. But what comes next and are Belizeans really obeying the curfew regulations? Here’s what ComPol Williams had to say.

“People are complying with it for the most part and yes, as police officers, we must at times use our discretion. Like for example, last night, a lady had messaged me around 6:30 saying that she needs to take her husband to work at nine p.m. last night. I did not see her message until after ten last night and so I messaged her and asked her if she was able to get through and so she said to me, yes she took her husband to work around nine. The police stopped her at the checkpoint, they asked her where she was going and she explained to them that she was taking her husband to work and the police allowed her to go through. So those are things that I was happy to hear because I wouldn’t want that her husband would lose his job because of her not being able to take him to work. So once officers use their discretion in those circumstances, I am very, very happy for that. And again, as much as we do have the no-movement Sundays, there are certain classes of persons who must move around and those are security officers, persons working security duties as security guards, watchmen, people in the medical profession. You do have farmers who might need to go and check on their crops and feed their animals.”

Channel 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 206 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,584
Posts491,354
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.